• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Blood and Guts on him he can blend in with the zombies.

Yes or No ?

Not from a guy that was just alive.

Like swimming with the sharks wearing a steak suit.

He's covered in blood while it might not be his yet they will keep biting. He's surrounded and even if he could scramble past a few legs he's in a alley blocked by walls on both sides and a gate with bard wire in front.

I got it - Glenn can pull a knife and gut the closest walker, spilling it's rotted guts all over him...that would make him "invisible" to them and not totally BS.

The "Taun-Taun Defense"

Brilliant!!

Did someone actually think shooting through the wall of the RV was the reason it didn't start.

lol

I just checked the owner's manual for that model and on page 168 it clearly states:

"Avoid firing an AK-47 through the roof or side panels of the vehicle. Doing so will cause the vehicle's feelings to be hurt and it may refuse to start until you apologize (and perhaps bribe it with a good hot waxing). It will also void your warranty."

But trapped in a gymnasium, there's room to move around and evade attacks.

Glen was on his back with a dead body piled on top of him and countless zombies piled on top of that. Come on, he's dead! :D

Exactly, there's no way he should make it out, but he will. God help me, if he crawls out under their legs I will shoot a crossbow at my tv.

He's gonna slide under the dumpster and call Rick for help. Total Atlanta role reversal.

Maybe they'll balance it all out with him crawling under the dumpster, but was also bit. Now everyone can say their goodbye's to Glenn, and this gives him a chance to sacrifice himself one more time (Negan/Lucille?).

Without reading all the posts I too was thinking this was not absolutely clear that glenn was being ripped apart and not the other guy on top of him, but wasn't he screaming? i can't remember. if he wasn't getting eaten he would know better than to scream and remind them he is still alive.

and even if it is the other guy, how the heck is he not going to be next on the menu unless someone comes in and saves him or something or lightening strikes or whatever.

of course, i'm still holding out hope that john snow isn't dead or is about to get resurrected by whatshername

Without reading all the posts I too was thinking this was not absolutely clear that glenn was being ripped apart and not the other guy on top of him, but wasn't he screaming? i can't remember. if he wasn't getting eaten he would know better than to scream and remind them he is still alive.

Sure, he'd know better than to scream.

He'd also know better than to lose control of his bowels in that situation, but I'd bet that happened too.

He'd also know better than to lose control of his bowels in that situation, but I'd bet that happened too.

glenn has been in a lot of terrifying situations. he would be able to hold it together.

glenn has been in a lot of terrifying situations. he would be able to hold it together.

I think this one just might cross the line. Trapped under a dude who just made his head into a canoe 6" from your face, while he gets disemboweled by hundreds of undead, and almost no chance to get out....that's beyond as bad as anything he's seen.

Also, remember his reaction to watching Noah getting ripped apart. He wept like a little girl.

26AFBB5900000578-0-image-m-55_1426483235125.jpg

What he faced last night was so much worse than that...I can't imagine he'd be able to control himself.

Also, had someone really just fallen like this, I'd imagine a concussion was entirely possible. Not a great recipe for stoicism.

Yes or No ?

Yes, but there were a few Zombies lying down there that they shot in the head when they had first climbed onto the dumpster. So maybe he could have used their blood and guts while they were munching on Nicholas. hm

Anyone else wondering why they didn't just climb up the fire escape that they kept showing on the side of the building in that alley? (shrug)

Yes or No ?

Yes, but there were a few Zombies lying down there that they shot in the head when they had first climbed onto the dumpster. So maybe he could have used their blood and guts while they were munching on Nicholas. hm

Anyone else wondering why they didn't just climb up the fire escape that they kept showing on the side of the building in that alley? (shrug)

lol Yes.

That's the part where my wife started yelling at me to stop screaming "FIRE ESCAPE!!" at the tv, because my daughter was already in bed.

Or pushing the dumpster to the side and climb to the roof.

lol Glad it wasn't just me!

Here's my other question. Anyone else watch Z Nation along with the Walking Dead?

Z Nation does a lot of goofy things, it's The Walking Dead's long lost cousin, twice removed on it's step uncle's side. But one thing I noticed Z Nation does when someone gets bit, they grant the person mercy and shoot them in the head and move on.

On The Walking Dead, they sit and stare at a guy while he's pinned to a fence, needlessly wasting ammo on other walkers instead of just putting the guy out of his misery and getting out of there! I'm looking at you Michonne, Heath and other random guy that was shot in the leg.

rantrant

lol

Didn't sleep well lastnight?

Hopefully you get the parcel today to put you in a better mood. ;)

Parcel? hm

I'm in a good mood. :) I won't be if the producers pull a "just kidding! Glen is alive and well! He pulled a Houdini and got out of that impossible trap!"

Here's my other question. Anyone else watch Z Nation along with the Walking Dead?

Z Nation does a lot of goofy things, it's The Walking Dead's long lost cousin, twice removed on it's step uncle's side. But one thing I noticed Z Nation does when someone gets bit, they grant the person mercy and shoot them in the head and move on.

On The Walking Dead, they sit and stare at a guy while he's pinned to a fence, needlessly wasting ammo on other walkers instead of just putting the guy out of his misery and getting the fudge out of there! I'm looking at you Michonne, Heath and other random guy that was shot in the leg.

rantrant

One's a drama and one's played for laughs mostly.

This whole episode was about choices. Try and save everyone and risk everyone. Or be cold and logical and leave behind anyone hurt or slowing you down.

It's Rick's extreme vs. the way the world is for us.

Heath basically a surrogate for us. He's there and he wants to save everyone. No one gets left behind. He fights the concept at every turn and harshly judges Rick and Michonne for ever thinking it.

Glen gave Nicholas 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances. Rick would have ended him after what happened to Noah and certainly after Nicholas tried to murder him in the woods (Shane anyone?). Glen kept on trying and trying to transform weak-sauce Nick into a survivor badass....and that worked out great.

That scene at the fence, that pause they made Heath and Michonne and the other guy take, was that Heath (us) was forced to say "That's it, we gotta go, we gotta leave him, we've got no choice." Michonne couldn't say it for purposes of the theme running through the episode, it had to be Heath. That was his education and transformation.

That was the look that he gave himself when he saw his reflection in the creek at the end of the episode. After Michonne berated him for knowing nothing because he hadn't caught his "..reflection in a mirror, covered in so much blood you didn't know what was yours, what was from walkers, and what was from friends you lost."

On The Walking Dead, they sit and stare at a guy while he's pinned to a fence, needlessly wasting ammo on other walkers instead of just putting the guy out of his misery and getting the fudge out of there! I'm looking at you Michonne, Heath and other random guy that was shot in the leg.

rantrant

One's a drama and one's played for laughs mostly.

This whole episode was about choices. Try and save everyone and risk everyone. Or be cold and logical and leave behind anyone hurt or slowing you down.

It's Rick's extreme vs. the way the world for us.

Heath basically a surrogate for us. He's there and he wants to save everyone. No one gets left behind. He fights the concept at every turn and harshly judges Rick and Michonne for ever thinking it.

Glen gave Nicholas 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances. Rick would have ended him after what happened to Noah and certainly after Nicholas tried to murder him in the woods (Shane anyone?). Glen kept on trying and trying to transform weak-sauce Nick into a survivor badass....and that worked out great.

That scene at the fence, that pause they made Heath and Michonne and the other guy take, was that Heath (us) was forced to say "That's it, we gotta go, we gotta leave him, we've got no choice." Michonne couldn't say it for purposes of the theme running through the episode, it had to be Heath. That was his education and transformation.

That was the look that he gave himself when he saw his reflection in the creek at the end of the episode. After Michonne berated him for knowing nothing because he hadn't caught his "..reflection in a mirror, covered in so much blood you didn't know what was yours, what was from walkers, and what was from friends you lost."

I agree with what you're saying here, Chris, but wouldn't Heath had made a bigger step forward as a character by putting the poor David guy out of his misery rather than all of them staring while he was eaten? And not to argue TV logic, but they talked Annie into leaving the Pet Store when she volunteered to stay behind, only to take off down the sidewalk without helping her move on the bum ankle. Pretty much used her for zombie bait.