• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Just rewatched the pivotal scene...

Don't watch or read unless you saw the episode.

And I think I figured it out....

Around 1:50 of video, they land on the ground. The camera angle is set in a deliberate way to give a certain impression of what's happening.

I completely missed this in my shock over what I was seeing.

There are a couple of problems with this being Glen disemboweled. The walkers instantly start pulling intestines out of the wound, yet they are at Glen's upper chest. They should not be able to immediately reach the bowels unless they are much lower on Glen's body. That is, unless of course, that's Nicholas laying.

As they pull away, you can see Glen's face for a second...it's directly next to the dumpster

It's rises and then falls as if he's writhing or pulling away. Then you can't see it any more. That means he's either stopped writhing or he's made it under the dumpster.

I hope we didn't get hoodwinked, I have a feeling we did...from the way it's shot from a director's perspective and everything else everyone has said about the talking dead omissions, etc.

Similar dumpster on the side of my building:

2zf21xl.jpg

7 1/2" clearance.

Glen is dead. :sumo:

Go re-watch the sequence from last night. You see him pull himself under the dumpster in the overhead shot. His face moves upward and as he gets out of the way, the walkers collapse on the spot where he was laying.

lol

Didn't sleep well lastnight?

Hopefully you get the parcel today to put you in a better mood. ;)

Parcel? hm

I'm in a good mood. :) I won't be if the producers pull a "just kidding! Glen is alive and well! He pulled a Houdini and got out of that impossible trap!"

Except that it's not impossible. hm

lol Glad it wasn't just me!

Here's my other question. Anyone else watch Z Nation along with the Walking Dead?

Z Nation does a lot of goofy things, it's The Walking Dead's long lost cousin, twice removed on it's step uncle's side. But one thing I noticed Z Nation does when someone gets bit, they grant the person mercy and shoot them in the head and move on.

On The Walking Dead, they sit and stare at a guy while he's pinned to a fence, needlessly wasting ammo on other walkers instead of just putting the guy out of his misery and getting the fudge out of there! I'm looking at you Michonne, Heath and other random guy that was shot in the leg.

rantrant

One's a drama and one's played for laughs mostly.

This whole episode was about choices. Try and save everyone and risk everyone. Or be cold and logical and leave behind anyone hurt or slowing you down.

It's Rick's extreme vs. the way the world for us.

Heath basically a surrogate for us. He's there and he wants to save everyone. No one gets left behind. He fights the concept at every turn and harshly judges Rick and Michonne for ever thinking it.

Glen gave Nicholas 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th chances. Rick would have ended him after what happened to Noah and certainly after Nicholas tried to murder him in the woods (Shane anyone?). Glen kept on trying and trying to transform weak-sauce Nick into a survivor badass....and that worked out great.

That scene at the fence, that pause they made Heath and Michonne and the other guy take, was that Heath (us) was forced to say "That's it, we gotta go, we gotta leave him, we've got no choice." Michonne couldn't say it for purposes of the theme running through the episode, it had to be Heath. That was his education and transformation.

That was the look that he gave himself when he saw his reflection in the creek at the end of the episode. After Michonne berated him for knowing nothing because he hadn't caught his "..reflection in a mirror, covered in so much blood you didn't know what was yours, what was from walkers, and what was from friends you lost."

I agree with what you're saying here, Chris, but wouldn't Heath had made a bigger step forward as a character by putting the poor David guy out of his misery rather than all of them staring while he was eaten? And not to argue TV logic, but they talked Annie into leaving the Pet Store when she volunteered to stay behind, only to take off down the sidewalk without helping her move on the bum ankle. Pretty much used her for zombie bait.

Hell yeah...it was damn cruel to leave him like that.

Unless, of course, he took two leaps forward and left him screaming so the walkers would stay on him instead of taking that gate down. lol

Just rewatched the pivotal scene...

Don't watch or read unless you saw the episode.

And I think I figured it out....

Around 1:50 of video, they land on the ground. The camera angle is set in a deliberate way to give a certain impression of what's happening.

I completely missed this in my shock over what I was seeing.

There are a couple of problems with this being Glen disemboweled. The walkers instantly start pulling intestines out of the wound, yet they are at Glen's upper chest. They should not be able to immediately reach the bowels unless they are much lower on Glen's body. That is, unless of course, that's Nicholas laying.

As they pull away, you can see Glen's face for a second...it's directly next to the dumpster

It's rises and then falls as if he's writhing or pulling away. Then you can't see it any more. That means he's either stopped writhing or he's made it under the dumpster.

I hope we didn't get hoodwinked, I have a feeling we did...from the way it's shot from a director's perspective and everything else everyone has said about the talking dead omissions, etc.

Similar dumpster on the side of my building:

2zf21xl.jpg

7 1/2" clearance.

Glen is dead. :sumo:

Unless you matched the model numbers on each dumpster that's anecdotal!!! :rulez:

One more interesting inconsistency.

Look how they fall off the dumpster:

ncniwz.png

But when on the ground, Glen's head is by the dumpster? 281davo.gif

Did Glen crawl feet first under the dumpster?

Gravity works differently in the Walking Dead universe. A falling object may experience several flips and turns (off camera) that are just not plausible in our universe.

For example:

This may also explain why it's so difficult to drive a car without flipping it over.

One more interesting inconsistency.

Look how they fall off the dumpster:

ncniwz.png

But when on the ground, Glen's head is by the dumpster? 281davo.gif

Did Glen crawl feet first under the dumpster?

You must have missed the part when the walkers caught Glenn, crowd surfed him to the end of the wave and back up head first.

I think they were eating on the guy who shot himself...and Glen was just a little grossed out.

+1

Glenn was looking somewhat upward and nor straight down. Unless he has a Liefeld Capt. America chest, the angle is all wrong.

And I also thought I saw Glenn's face disappear underneath the dumpster as the camera pulled away. Still hard to believe he could get out of that without at least a scratch, though. 2c

The main reason I now think he may be alive is that they are both wearing practically the same clothing. This bait and switch of him "obviously" being clawed alive and awkward camera angles and all this other "evidence".... why would they have almost the exact same clothing on (by wardrobe dept.) unless something like this was going on?

rs_1024x759-151026082927-1024.the-walking-dead-thank-you-glenn.ch.102615.jpg

We see a gray shirt being ripped into. We don't see a jacket.

..... but it's all just denial anyways... lol

Please, no way did that happen. They were eating the guy that fell on top of him. It's sad that they are trying so hard to make it seem like it's permanent but the explanation why he survives is going to everyone off. They are treating the audience like we are clueless.
Can you say Curveball

Kübler-Ross model

Come on, we see the guy fall down on top of him. Still, there should be no way he gets out of that situation alive-as if no one would bite his head, but in a few weeks they are going to be like, "shocker, he made it out!" Total BS-shark jumping potiental moment for the show.

If this character is NOT dead, the explanation better be fricken air tight, rock solid, written by a group of NASA Scientists, Nobel prize winners, and Oscar winning screen writers.

It had better make sense, not be a stretch and not make me want to walk away from this show due to lameness and the largest cop out in recent TV history.

Well said. I actually want him to be dead because whatever explanation they come up with is just not going to cut it. Completely lame stunt.

I say, even if there is some total shark-jumping moment, the show survives & we all keep watching. No matter what we all say.

:D

-slym