• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

If Glenn ain't dead - what happens to the show??

They will be leaving carts of food behind next..............

Going up to Zombies asking "are you ok?".....

Finding South American torture experts masquerading as barbers.......

Acting badly and talking in 5 word sentences...

Sorry, wrong show. Carry On.

:eyeroll:

Best opening to a series yet - if they do a Fonzie/Glenn moment, I'll be gutted.

This is TV at it's finest.

Please, no way did that happen. They were eating the guy that fell on top of him. It's sad that they are trying so hard to make it seem like it's permanent but the explanation why he survives is going to everyone off. They are treating the audience like we are clueless.
Can you say Curveball

Kübler-Ross model

Come on, we see the guy fall down on top of him. Still, there should be no way he gets out of that situation alive-as if no one would bite his head, but in a few weeks they are going to be like, "shocker, he made it out!" Total BS-shark jumping potiental moment for the show.

If this character is NOT dead, the explanation better be fricken air tight, rock solid, written by a group of NASA Scientists, Nobel prize winners, and Oscar winning screen writers.

It had better make sense, not be a stretch and not make me want to walk away from this show due to lameness and the largest cop out in recent TV history.

Maybe the blood and gore from Nicolas and the other dead zombies cover Glenn enough that he's zombie disguised ala Season 1. (shrug)

I think Daryl = Glen from the comic with regards to who will meet their demise by Negan/Lucille.

Glen in the comic was a fan favorite which made the scene so much more shocking and instant hate for Negan by many.

I think in the TV show, Daryl > Glen as far as fan favorite. I think that will make fans hate Negan even more when he kills Daryl with Lucille. The other potential Lucille victim I can see is Morgan as he has been played up as such a pacifist that having Negan bash his skull in horribly will be so much more awful.

Glen is dead. :sumo:

Please, no way did that happen. They were eating the guy that fell on top of him. It's sad that they are trying so hard to make it seem like it's permanent but the explanation why he survives is going to everyone off. They are treating the audience like we are clueless.
Can you say Curveball

Kübler-Ross model

Come on, we see the guy fall down on top of him. Still, there should be no way he gets out of that situation alive-as if no one would bite his head, but in a few weeks they are going to be like, "shocker, he made it out!" Total BS-shark jumping potiental moment for the show.

If this character is NOT dead, the explanation better be fricken air tight, rock solid, written by a group of NASA Scientists, Nobel prize winners, and Oscar winning screen writers.

It had better make sense, not be a stretch and not make me want to walk away from this show due to lameness and the largest cop out in recent TV history.

Maybe the blood and gore from Nicolas and the other dead zombies cover Glenn enough that he's zombie disguised ala Season 1. (shrug)

Quite possible but I think he's dead.

I think Daryl = Glen from the comic with regards to who will meet their demise by Negan/Lucille.

Glen in the comic was a fan favorite which made the scene so much more shocking and instant hate for Negan by many.

I think in the TV show, Daryl > Glen as far as fan favorite. I think that will make fans hate Negan even more when he kills Daryl with Lucille. The other potential Lucille victim I can see is Morgan as he has been played up as such a pacifist that having Negan bash his skull in horribly will be so much more awful.

Glen is dead. :sumo:

Daryl is going to out live most characters including Rick. Story wise we are already getting repetitive with Rick, but Daryl has years of potiental storylines.

I can't see Daryl being around at the same time as Negan and the All Out War story. (shrug)

It just felt like Rick vs. Negan - the battle of the two bad @sses. Abraham and Daryl are goners before/when Negan arrives. 2c

I don't think he is dead. It would suck for Maggie not having closure by not knowing what happened to him haha

That's what gets me with this whole thing.

Let's presume that he died. He would have been completely devoured, right? There would be no evidence of his death, nor would our group have any idea where to search for him.

You know Rick, Maggie and Co. are going to want to search for him when he doesn't return. And with no evidence of his death, that search could last forever.

There's going to have to be some sort of closure.

Who would have thought spraying a machine gun off randomly in the side of a RV would make it not start correctly. Rick is priceless. lol

Which important mechanical element is in the side panel of an RV?

He was shooting at a downward angle spraying that last gun but its possible either ricochets from shooting inside the vehicle ruptured something. Next time Rick leave it running lol

I agree with leave it running, but I think the most reasonable explanation of why it's not starting would be all the bullets shot at the cab, the sparking, arcing that followed...those were put there for a reason by sfx crew.

I don't think he is dead. It would suck for Maggie not having closure by not knowing what happened to him haha

That's what gets me with this whole thing.

Let's presume that he died. He would have been completely devoured, right? There would be no evidence of his death, nor would our group have any idea where to search for him.

You know Rick, Maggie and Co. are going to want to search for him when he doesn't return. And with no evidence of his death, that search could last forever.

There's going to have to be some sort of closure.

Well, they took a minute to show him go through his bag and look for a moment at the Herschel's pocket watch. If they don't cop out and have him survive finding that in the middle of a pile of half-eaten entrails would do the trick.

Can you say Curveball

Kübler-Ross model

hm

Can you say Curveball

Kübler-Ross model

hm

That was Walker blood and entrails...not recently live (and still warm) human entrails in season 1.

I can't see Daryl being around at the same time as Negan and the All Out War story. (shrug)

It just felt like Rick vs. Negan - the battle of the two bad @sses. Abraham and Daryl are goners before/when Negan arrives. 2c

Plus Jesus is coming... way too many bad asses for the show. Some have got to be dwindled down...