• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
4 4

10,800 posts in this topic

Beginning to think that Laurie Holden is one of the Darabont-ites who threatened to leave the show when he got cut.

If the description for the next show is right, mind you, they was absolutely right about "18 Miles Out," we're going to find out who this person is and I can tell you it's not Lori!

Description for Judge, Jury, Executioner.

[2.11 'Judge, Jury, Executioner' (brief) Description]:

"Synopsis: After the fight between Rick and Shane in Episode 10, they finally make peace and Rick sides with Shane causing Dale to worry that the group is losing its humanity; Carl's actions have unintended consequences that gets Dale killed.

As Dale is being eaten alive, the walker rips open his stomach and pulls out his guts before they kill it so Dale's insides are hanging out. (He is in the mid-season trailer where Shane is smashing a guy's head in with a shovel. The figure with the ripped open shirt on the ground - that's Dale. Also, notice how they don't put Dale in that trailer? Not once? Well, he doesn't make an appearance in Episode 10, and they probably don't want to give away anything from Episode 11.)

The poor guy is in sooo much misery and pain that he asks to be put down.

Daryl is pointing a gun at Dale's blood covered face, and before he pulls the trigger he says "Sorry brother"."

Where were Herschel, Dale, Glenn, Carl, Daryl and Sophia's mom? Off fishin'?

When an actor doesn't appear in an episode they don't necessarily have to pay him/her unless their contract demands it, which many don't.

They saved a ton on salaries last night and pumped it into some full on zombie splattering action.

When an actor doesn't appear in an episode they don't necessarily have to pay him/her unless their contract demands it, which many don't.

They saved a ton on salaries last night and pumped it into some full on zombie splattering action.

Agreed,

We're going to see the same thing in the remaining episodes and I think it's to help pump up each remaining episode.

Beginning to think that Laurie Holden is one of the Darabont-ites who threatened to leave the show when he got cut.

If the description for the next show is right, mind you, they was absolutely right about "18 Miles Out," we're going to find out who this person is and I can tell you it's not Lori!

"Synopsis: After the fight between Rick and Shane in Episode 10, they finally make peace and Rick sides with Shane causing Dale to worry that the group is losing its humanity; Carl's actions have unintended consequences that gets Dale killed.

As Dale is being eaten alive, the walker rips open his stomach and pulls out his guts before they kill it so Dale's insides are hanging out. (He is in the mid-season trailer where Shane is smashing a guy's head in with a shovel. The figure with the ripped open shirt on the ground - that's Dale. Also, notice how they don't put Dale in that trailer? Not once? Well, he doesn't make an appearance in Episode 10, and they probably don't want to give away anything from Episode 11.)

Daryl is pointing a gun at Dale's blood covered face, and before he pulls the trigger he says "Sorry brother"."

:banana: If that spoiler is true!! Damn, I'm such a sucker for spoilers...I can't help it!

Anyways, last night's episode was pretty good. I really hope Shane and Rick squashed their differences...but I don't think that's the case. I think it would have been a nice little twist if Rick would have left Shane in the bus; but alas, Rick showed he was the better man and came back and saved his . Shane owes Rick his life now, IMO.

:banana: If that spoiler is true!! Damn, I'm such a sucker for spoilers...I can't help it!

Anyways, last night's episode was pretty good. I really hope Shane and Rick squashed their differences...but I don't think that's the case. I think it would have been a nice little twist if Rick would have left Shane in the bus; but alas, Rick showed he was the better man and came back and saved his . Shane owes Rick his life now, IMO.

For our DVR'd friends.....

Shane demonstrates what I call "selective morality". Certain lives mean more to him than others, and he rationalizes incredibly inhumane behavior through that selective sense of righteousness.

I don't think it struck him that Rick was just taking his advice and putting survival above societal concern and traditional morality. Had Rick left Shane on the bus it would have been bitter irony for the ham-handed . It's what he's been BEGGING Rick to do all along and it's the way he's made every decision since the fall.

It doesn't matter that Rick saved his life. The mental midget will probably think that means Rick is weak and lead an opposition against him again.

They can't do adequate characterization for all of the main characters every episode. Kinda like you can't showcase all of the Legion of Superheroes or X-Men every issue.

I bet next week we see more of the missing people and less Lori, Maggie and the others except Rick and Shane from this past week.

Smarter people than me, please comment on the zombie in the field? Does it symbolize man's inhumanity to man? [that's a waaaaayyy inside joke btw]

I don't know if I'm right, but I thought it gave a sense of being alone. Shane is pretty alone in his views on everything in the new world, just like the zombie was alone in the field.

Rick just told him that its his wife, son and child, so he doesn't even have that to hang on to. Hes walking alone in a world of the dead, just like the zombie in the field.

The first half of this season was a complete and total waste of my time and I wished I never sat down to watch the episodes. Too much time wasted looking for some little girl who didn't do what she was told for her own safety.

That being said, this half of the season is tremendously better, as good as season 1 and almost makes up for having to trudge through the to get to the good stuff.

If we are to get the Governor in season 3, shouldn't we be meeting Michonne like, now?

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

Smarter people than me, please comment on the zombie in the field? Does it symbolize man's inhumanity to man? [that's a waaaaayyy inside joke btw]

I don't know if I'm right, but I thought it gave a sense of being alone. Shane is pretty alone in his views on everything in the new world, just like the zombie was alone in the field.

Robert Kirkman stated the lone walker was to give the people/group a sense of not being able to escape and that the world was being over come by walkers.

The first half of this season was a complete and total waste of my time and I wished I never sat down to watch the episodes. Too much time wasted looking for some little girl who didn't do what she was told for her own safety.

That being said, this half of the season is tremendously better, as good as season 1 and almost makes up for having to trudge through the to get to the good stuff.

If we are to get the Governor in season 3, shouldn't we be meeting Michonne like, now?

Jerome

Michonne...,

will appear in the last episode of Season 2

Edited by WiseGuyX

I'll just park this here...

4bc7b1d3.jpg

Is that Shane?

it appears to be Shane and from what I can tell, it also looks legit.

I think the knife he used to kill the zombie infected him

I Fing hope not! I need to see him go out with a round to the face at point blank range!