• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Message board nostalgia.

362 posts in this topic

With all the love threads, hate threads and convention threads, it got me to wax nostalgic about earlier days on the boards. I realized I missed somethings and was happy about a few others not being here.

Things I miss:

• Nik
  • The NOD Wars
  • Red Hook putting everyone on ignore after a board meltdown.
  • Bug
  • Having no one on ignore.
  • Tarzan_Geek
  • Steve Borock at CGC.

Honorable mention: Wertham. He isn't really gone.

Things I don't miss:

• Dad & Son
  • The Want to Buy Forum being below the Selling Forum.
  • Never having read The Walking Dead.
  • Forum dinners
  • The Mile High II pedigree
  • Goonchild
  • greatgoogamooga

Anyone else missing something or glad something else is gone?

Did red hook ever return That traveling copy of Kamandi he decided to keep as a protest about two members being banned? That book belonged to ze-man iirc. Hope I have the details correct its been awhile.

Yes.

please PM it to me if you don't want to risk a vacation. Didn't know it was restricted content!

It's restricted content? wtf?

As a BoD of the CBCA, I can say there's no objection in posting it, on our end. NOD is dead and gone.

please PM it to me if you don't want to risk a vacation. Didn't know it was restricted content!

As a BoD of the CBCA, I can say there's no objection in posting it, on our end. NOD is dead and gone.

AOK from the JEFFRO

Well if I have your permission...

NOE.jpg

The image was created for fun as part of a Grail's Game contest that was raising money for Toy's for Tots I believe. We were supposed to come up with an outrageous eBay auction description. Part of the text with that image was "NOE, We have nothing to hide!" and "Be in the NOE", "The answer is NOE", etc. Gosh that was a long time ago. :preach:

NOE.jpg

The image was created for fun as part of a Grail's Game contest that was raising money for Toy's for Tots I believe. We were supposed to come up with an outrageous eBay auction description. Part of the text with that image was "NOE, We have nothing to hide!" and "Be in the NOE", "The answer is NOE", etc. Gosh that was a long time ago. :preach:

Good to see you still dropping in now and then. :applause:

NOE.jpg

I'm getting old flee....that is the image I wasn't sure of.....man,people were going nuts!