• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just purchased my first Golden Age Book - and it was not a Marvel

22 posts in this topic

Between my continually getting outbid on Silver Age Marvels and my Silver Age project starting to come to an end I decided to dip my toe in the Golden Age waters and surprisingly it was not a Marvel/Timely that I bought.

I just won the following book in the Comic Link Auction:

I hope I did not overpay on this as I as I am new to Golden Age. I was also the underbidder on the Tec 33.

103038.jpg.cccaa4ad8a0cb78f967124ca7409bd57.jpg

And you start with ROBIN?!?!?!?!

Kidding! Great looking copy (thumbs u

Yeah I did think of that. :blush:

In my defense I was the underbidder on the Dec 33.

In all seriousness I figure Robin, as annoying as he sometimes can be, is one of the most important figures in comic history (and a little murderer too - I read a scanned copy of the issue a Robin kills in his first appearance).

If I am going to play more in the golden age arena I need to learn more about how prices move. I was watching the More Fun 73 CGC 7.0 and one of the top 7 unrestored copies and it went for only $7,000 despite being the first appearance of Aquaman and Green Arrow which seems low to me (have not looked it up on GPA yet but from the ComicLink description that's even $1,000 below guide). There seems to be much more volatility in golden age prices to me.

Great book. If you have any doubts about the importance of the book or the long term investment potential of the book....you shouldn't. Classic cover and first appearance of an important character in a book that is also an early appearance of one of the greatest heroes heros ever.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

It did not take long after popping my cherry to acquire two more books (although these are more Atom Age books to be specific).

I have to say it is nice not to be constantly out bid or pay sky high prices like I have been doing with Silver Age Marvels. I can't believe I won Uncle Scrooge number 2 at only about 45% of Overstreet when there are only 10 copies in the same grade or better. (Even if it does have the file copy stamp across it)

103059.jpg.b683fcea74e2be5196e31d5123dda6f1.jpg

103060.jpg.a6dadb9279fa4a35a2cd5a9dec670e49.jpg

And you start with ROBIN?!?!?!?!

Kidding! Great looking copy (thumbs u

Yeah I did think of that. :blush:

In my defense I was the underbidder on the Dec 33.

In all seriousness I figure Robin, as annoying as he sometimes can be, is one of the most important figures in comic history (and a little murderer too - I read a scanned copy of the issue a Robin kills in his first appearance).

(thumbs u

Great book :applause: