• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another one bites the dust?

55 posts in this topic

I'm home sick and reading about yet another story line gimmick involving one of the cornerstones of Marvel has made me more ill.

Death gimmicks suck. I do have to say, I was very happy with the way things turned out in Captain America where...

Bucky retained the Cap role and Steve Rogers moved on.

I know, I know - the spoiler is common knowledge, but I'd hate to ruin it for anyone doing TPBs or just getting caught up.

I told myself I'd stop reading Cap if they brought back Steve Rogers, but Bucky/Winter Soldier as Cap is pretty damn good (thumbs u

I like how in Avengers

Buck just wants to pop a cap in Kang and call 'er good lol

What I like even better is...

I don't buy new Marvel comics anymore. ^^

If I have learned anything from comic books, and that isn't a whole lot, no one stays dead, especially long standing characters. Also, comic books executives have short memories and never learn from the past

It`s been happening way too much lately,it` not really going to help sales that much, this is what will happen, sales will go from 40,000 to maybe a bump to 60,000 for a few issues then they will eventually fall back to 40,000 again. What`s happening now is Marvel is not catering to it`s readers but to the 2,500 LCS dealers, those 2,500 LCS DEALERS are really the consumers of comic books now,A lot of them still are using the antiquated Death of Superman/variant model to sell comics, until those 2,500 dealers change thier reading/sellling habits Marvel will keep giving them what they want. So expect more deaths, same super heroes with tweaks(ultimate spider-mam), more multiple covers,tons of big event crossovers and in the end more higher cover prices. The current comics retail system needs to be fixed. 2c

(thumbs u +1

I'm home sick and reading about yet another story line gimmick involving one of the cornerstones of Marvel has made me more ill.

Death gimmicks suck. I do have to say, I was very happy with the way things turned out in Captain America where...

Bucky retained the Cap role and Steve Rogers moved on.

I know, I know - the spoiler is common knowledge, but I'd hate to ruin it for anyone doing TPBs or just getting caught up.

I told myself I'd stop reading Cap if they brought back Steve Rogers, but Bucky/Winter Soldier as Cap is pretty damn good (thumbs u

I like how in Avengers

Buck just wants to pop a cap in Kang and call 'er good lol

What I like even better is...

I don't buy new Marvel comics anymore. ^^

I only buy three moderns a month now. There are still some good titles worth getting. :acclaim: I dig Bucky as Cap sticking Crossbones in the leg with that knife. :banana:

I just recently started picking up FF because they put all the cosmic titles on hiatus/cancelled them during Thanos Imperative.

If they're truly going for an all new lineup for FF I wouldn't mind seeing the following team:

Nova, Darkhawk, Moon Knight, and The Human Torch.

I will wait it out a year, either pick up a trade or pick the dollar bins.

That`s the thing the consensus is this will not be big and we will be picking these up for a buck a pop.

I know the person will be ressurected, I just hate to seethe longest running Marvel title just die.

(shrug) The longest running Marvel title is Uncanny X-Men. It is the only Silver Age title that escaped reboot cancellation.

I know the person will be ressurected, I just hate to seethe longest running Marvel title just die.

(shrug) The longest running Marvel title is Uncanny X-Men. It is the only Silver Age title that escaped reboot cancellation.

(thumbs u

They'll reboot it at issue #1 again. Complete with 10 different variant covers.

With Wolverine, Spider-Man or Deadpool as the fourth member. :devil:

It will either be Wolverine, Spider-man, Ghost Rider or Hulk

Maybe The Texas Twister?

DR.X

What I meant was the Fantastic Four title was essentially the first title that still retains it's numbering (regardless of pointless 90's reboots). Along with AF#15, which was basically a one-shot, it started the Marvel Universe/Marvel Silver Age (in my opinion.)