• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another one bites the dust?

55 posts in this topic

I changed my mind. After reading the article, it actually makes me want to read this storyline.

And I have a feeling FF won't be canceled. They'll just call in Fantastic Three, maintaining the same numbering. (Like they've been doing for Incredible Hulk).

I changed my mind. After reading the article, it actually makes me want to read this storyline.

And I have a feeling FF won't be canceled. They'll just call in Fantastic Three, maintaining the same numbering. (Like they've been doing for Incredible Hulk).

I was kind of figuring they might just change the name of the book as well and keep the numbering...I guess we will see in time.

If I have learned anything from comic books, and that isn't a whole lot, no one stays dead, especially long standing characters. Also, comic books executives have short memories and never learn from the past

It`s been happening way too much lately,it` not really going to help sales that much, this is what will happen, sales will go from 40,000 to maybe a bump to 60,000 for a few issues then they will eventually fall back to 40,000 again. What`s happening now is Marvel is not catering to it`s readers but to the 2,500 LCS dealers, those 2,500 LCS DEALERS are really the consumers of comic books now,A lot of them still are using the antiquated Death of Superman/variant model to sell comics, until those 2,500 dealers change thier reading/sellling habits Marvel will keep giving them what they want. So expect more deaths, same super heroes with tweaks(ultimate spider-mam), more multiple covers,tons of big event crossovers and in the end more higher cover prices. The current comics retail system needs to be fixed. 2c

The folly of killing off a team member is that even if Breeeeevort and Hickman plan on keeping the dead team member dead, subsequent writers won't feel obligated to do so. The list of resurrected characters goes on and on--Green Goblin, Gwen Stacy, Jean Grey, etc, etc, etc. Killing off a long-standing character at Marvel is just plain retarded now--there's no credibility in playing that card. Marvel used up all their credibility in major character deaths. :screwy:

Who the heck is maintaining continuity at Marvel now, Quesada or Brevooooooooort? Whoever it is needs a swift kick in the nuts. :eyeroll:

They'll reboot it at issue #1 again. Complete with 10 different variant covers.

With Wolverine, Spider-Man or Deadpool as the fourth member. :devil:

Or better yet, the entire team quits, and a new Fantastic Four emerges consisting of Wolverine, Spider-Man, Deadpool and Cable. Rebooted at issue #1 with a chromium cover and new artist, Rob Liefeld. There will be a 1:50 sketch cover as a retailer incentive to order 1000 copies.