• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There's a Mile High Copy of THAT?

112 posts in this topic

We all know there were approximately 18,000 books in the collection and when we think of a Mile High book we primarily think of the THOUSANDS of superhero books that comprised the collection.

However, there are thousands of books that are completely off everyone's radar.

I'd be very interested in seeing out of the ordinary Mile High copies. No super-heroes or titles we'd all expect to have been in the collection.

Let's get started with this.

MyRomance3.jpg

I think one of the reasons the Mile High collection is so incredible is because of the wide array of comics. It seems I see more non-superhero books than superhero titles (possibly because so many of the superhero books appear to be locked up in collections.

th_Motion-Picture-Comics-108-M.jpg th_BobSteele8MileHigh.jpg

Underworld-3.jpg

:luhv:

Great book and nifty that you bought it from Chuck. Was that back in the 70s when the collection was first marketed?

From Chuckie's hand to mine. :cloud9:

AT005-MH.jpg

:luhv: Great book and nifty that you bought it from Chuck. Was that back in the 70s when the collection was first marketed?

Yep, live at an ultra-small comic con in Sacramento in early 1978. I was the only person at his table for over an hour, and he was discounting his books. Unfortunately, I was a starving student at the time.

:cry: