• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Justice Traps the Guilty #3

9 posts in this topic

If that bottom staple is pulled through and if the staples are as rusted as it appears, I'm going to have to go with 3.0-3.5.

If the bottom staple has not pulled through, then 4.0-4.5.

The staples haven't pulled through, the book is very solid and supple. The staples are just rusty. There are no other major defects, it looks just as good in person as in the scan, maybe even a little better. The books has great gloss with off-white pages and feels very "fresh." It is kind of suprising since the staples are so rusted.

Thanks for the inputs. I know the CGC goes pretty hard on rusty staples it's too bad.

Staples that are that rusty usually take a book into the 3.0-3.5 category. I gave it a 4.0-4.5 in view of the general appeal of the rest of the book. But 5.0 does not permit rusted staples. Only "discolored" staples with minor rust migration. confused-smiley-013.gif

4.0? 4.5? You dudes are harsh. At least 5.0, unless there is additional wear we can't see on the white cover.