• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade my Joe Palooka 25

11 posts in this topic

My opinion, 9.6. Due to the grease pencil mark, a mark above the top staple, and what seems to be a tiny bindery tear at the top of the spine (on the back picture). Some may argue 9.4, due to there being more than 1 flaw. But I think the book looks too good for its age to be anything less than 9.6.

Without a doubt, a sweet book. I think it would earn a 9.4. If there are any non color breaking stresses then 9.2. Might be one next to Joe, and another just over the windowsill.

Yes, I now see those stresses. I change my grade to 9.4.

What every Golden Age comic should look like! Congrats.

Don't worry, if the cleaning and pressing trend continues, eventually they ALL will look like this!

As for how CGC would grade it, I'd say 9.4 easy, given that it's a GA book. I wouldn't bet against 9.6...

I've thought of having it slabbed, but somehow I just enjoy owning it raw in the mylar sleeve. Ahh, the good old days.

By the way, when I took this out to scan it (and do a gentle flip through) I coudn't help notice it has basically a newstand fresh smell. It reminded me of a Mile High, just a little different. Just took me by suprise since it was different than the "standard" old comic aroma.

Off to get a contact high...

Sean