• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Wall-Books at the 2010 Baltimore Comic-Con

113 posts in this topic

here are some of our 2010 SDCC pics:

sdcc2010012.jpg

Cap #1. :cloud9:

This may seem like a bit of a silly question (as I'm just now attempting to get up to snuff with my Timely's) but where does Cap #1 stand these days in terms of upper-tier of GA comics?

I imagine that Batman #1 has passed it by; but it just doesn't seem like there have been as many Cap #1's up for sale recently as there have been other GA keys.

With the upcoming Cap and Avengers movies...has this book become "hot", has it yet to, what's the low-down from your perspective Rick?

baltimore65.jpg

More Fun #52. :o

(worship)

my old copy before I broke the run...bless mr bedrock for paying me a HUGE sum of money for it :foryou:

:cry:

Guess that means I won't be able to afford to buy it from Richard now since you hosed him :(

baltimore65.jpg

More Fun #52. :o

(worship)

my old copy before I broke the run...bless mr bedrock for paying me a HUGE sum of money for it :foryou:

:cry:

Guess that means I won't be able to afford to buy it from Richard now since you hosed him :(

actually, I was being facetious... I sold it to a customer of richard's that ended up selling it back to richard, so i am "out of the equation" lol

sdcc2010012.jpg

This may seem like a bit of a silly question (as I'm just now attempting to get up to snuff with my Timely's) but where does Cap #1 stand these days in terms of upper-tier of GA comics?

I imagine that Batman #1 has passed it by; but it just doesn't seem like there have been as many Cap #1's up for sale recently as there have been other GA keys.

With the upcoming Cap and Avengers movies...has this book become "hot", has it yet to, what's the low-down from your perspective Rick?

we had 4 copies of Cap america 1 at sdcc...a cgc 9.0 mod, a cgc 6.5, a cgc 4.5 and a 2.5/3.0 copy...

we sold the 9.0 mod (have since bought it back lol )

we sold the 4.5 right after sdcc

we sold the 6.5 last week, and had 3 interested parties in it, and we never even really displayed it! (and believe it or not, already trying to buy it back)

we have multiple parties interested in our 2.5 ish copy, once graded...

so, I would say, given the very limited # of unrestored (and truthfully, even restored copies) in the market right now, Cap 1 is on the cusp of REALLY taking off , price wise

I sat on some of those books.

:insane:

That makes you an evil presser! :o

Damn, I need to start being the Peter Parker of wall shots

Moisture, heat and pressure...and everything is better now.

lol

baltimore37.jpg

Do you know what dealer this is? I've been looking for a Fighting American 3.

Let's try this again... anyone know whose books these are? Is it this Guy Rose who's mentioned in here? Does anyone have contact information for him, if that's the case?

baltimore37.jpg

Do you know what dealer this is? I've been looking for a Fighting American 3.

Let's try this again... anyone know whose books these are? Is it this Guy Rose who's mentioned in here? Does anyone have contact information for him, if that's the case?

PM sent

here is the right side of the table...a few SA, but a couple of cool GA

sdcc2010013.jpg

Every time I see your wall books I start thinking about emptying my 401K. :shy:

sdcc2010013.jpg

:whee:

:whatev:

sdcc2010012.jpg

we had 4 copies of Cap america 1 at sdcc...a cgc 9.0 mod, a cgc 6.5, a cgc 4.5 and a 2.5/3.0 copy...

we sold the 9.0 mod (have since bought it back lol )

we sold the 4.5 right after sdcc

we sold the 6.5 last week, and had 3 interested parties in it, and we never even really displayed it! (and believe it or not, already trying to buy it back)

we have multiple parties interested in our 2.5 ish copy, once graded...

so, I would say, given the very limited # of unrestored (and truthfully, even restored copies) in the market right now, Cap 1 is on the cusp of REALLY taking off , price wise

Thanks for the feedback. (thumbs u

And it's a bit strange given that it doesn't seem to receive nearly the same amount of attention as Action #1, Tec #27, or even Batman #1 (at least Yahoo ran an article on that one lol ).

But alas, Captain America, popular though he may be, is not in the same realm as Superman and Batman. I think the movie franchise can do a lot to bring him into the spotlight (much as has been the case for Iron Man), but we'll see how long that lasts. Not saying it isn't possible, but with as popular as Iron man was, it seems as though the hype has been calming down a bit and I imagine it would be difficult (although certainly not impossible) to elevate Cap to an even greater status...and keep him there.

I'm also surprised with how few copies seem to be on the market these days. It's not as rare as a number of other popular GA books (although, far from common), yet it appears as though collectors seem to be holding onto their copies.

Great to hear you guys did so well with your copies both during and after the SDCC. Given the apparent demand for this issue and the apparent lack thereof for Marvel #1 these days...do you think that Cap #1 has the potential to move past Marvel #1 as time goes on?

sdcc2010013.jpg

what about my kids...think about the children :cry:

my guess is that due to the general perceptions of availability of cap 1, it won't move past marvel 1 any time soon...

but, where as batman 1 has almost doubled in price in the past 2 years, I truly believe we will see Cap 1 follow the same suit...

sdcc2010013.jpg

what about my kids...think about the children :cry:

:sorry: