• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grade My FF 116

23 posts in this topic

I might go a 6.5, but that's being generious. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

What ever that means. confused-smiley-013.gif

ouch!! didn't you ever hit an extra key?? grin.gif

i guess after seeing what CGC did to a few of my books with somwhat similar defects, i'd have to agree that despite it's beauty, this book would only fetch 6.0 - 6.5. that blunt LLC with associated rippling up the spine are the main culprits. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Funny, funny...fortunately I don't cansider that a flam since I conseder myselve one of the batter spelers on this bord 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif....but................my typing skills leave a lot to be desired foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

Funny, funny...fortunately I don't cansider that a flam since I conseder myselve one of the batter spelers on this bord 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif....but................my typing skills leave a lot to be desired foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

If I type correctly, that's an unusual event.

By the way, what about the upper right corner crease? ouch. What is the rippling caused by? Water damage or ..?

think the 6.0 - 6.5 is a bit tough. 7.0, maybe 7.5 IMO. TTBOMK, CGC doesn't detract too much for wavyness on the squarebound spines.

Since the waviness is due to the manufacturing process, CGC shouldn't downgrade much (in any) for it. Same for the printer creases on the back cover.

Because it is a Bronze-Age book, I don't think it could get more than 7.5 with the corner crease.

I'll say 7.0.

since we know that you know your stuff, what is it that you think the group has missed here?? 6.0 has been on the low side and 7-7.5 on the high.

personally, i think that rippling on the LRC of the back cover is as much a result of the comic being dropped on that corner as it is the result of typical square-bound printing defect. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif