• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wall Books and Long Boxes at the 2010 Baltimore Comic-con

82 posts in this topic

Those prices seem high based on apparent condition.

those wall book prices are always just a starting point for negotiation. about twice in my life have dealers stuck to their guns on those prices and both times they claimed they had to because the books were on consignment.

those wall book prices are always just a starting point for negotiation. about twice in my life have dealers stuck to their guns on those prices and both times they claimed they had to because the books were on consignment.

Agreed but sometimes they also have unrealistic expectations or are looking for the sucker who wants the book so badly they will pay.

When I went to the Florida Supercon a few months ago a dealer (Graham Crackers) was selling a Avengers 6.0 for about several hundred dollars over GPA (I can't recall the price). I asked if there was room on the price and he said "not at all". I tried and even referenced GPA and then he went on some tirade about GPA data and :blahblah:

So I walked away...

Agreed but sometimes they also have unrealistic expectations or are looking for the sucker who wants the book so badly they will pay.

When I went to the Florida Supercon a few months ago a dealer (Graham Crackers) was selling a Avengers 6.0 for about several hundred dollars over GPA (I can't recall the price). I asked if there was room on the price and he said "not at all". I tried and even referenced GPA and then he went on some tirade about GPA data and :blahblah:

So I walked away...

yeah, i guess some of these prices are so high even them knocking 20% off doesn't get you anywhere near reality anyway.