• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead is really kind of "meh".

48 posts in this topic

It has been slow for these since 48-50 but I thought it was superb up to that point. Some intriguing concepts have been thrown out since those issues but it is mostly just resting on its laurels now. :( The latest image gives me hope though.

really. I read them all. And I just don't get the hubbub. Is it just me?

It's probably a side affect of being ripped through space and time from the 1920's, which is the last time the word "hubbub" would have been acceptable parlance.

It's probably a side affect of being ripped through space and time from the 1920's, which is the last time the word "hubbub" would have been acceptable parlance.

:roflmao:

...but we still say "hubbub" up here too. :(

I've visited up there..

08.-The-land-that-time-forgot.jpg

great corn on the cob. (thumbs u

I've visited up there..

08.-The-land-that-time-forgot.jpg

great corn on the cob. (thumbs u

Ayuh, had a great crop this year. Had some Sunday. :cloud9:

Based on all the hype here, I bought the first trade and found the storytelling to be rather choppy. It got better in trades 2 and 3. I'm also annoyed that we apparently will never know what caused the zombie invasion in the first place. (Unless Kirkman has changed his mind on that. I'm a bit out of the loop.)

Overall, I enjoy what I've read but I'm not gaga about it. (shrug)

Based on all the hype here, I bought the first trade and found the storytelling to be rather choppy. It got better in trades 2 and 3. I'm also annoyed that we apparently will never know what caused the zombie invasion in the first place. (Unless Kirkman has changed his mind on that. I'm a bit out of the loop.)

Overall, I enjoy what I've read but I'm not gaga about it. (shrug)

I read the first two trades ( they were given to me) - I found the storytelling to be above average, but I didn't get hooked - and I found the art to be merely adequate. I haven't had an interest in reading more - and enjoyed The Zombies that Ate the World by Guy Davis and Jerry Frissen more.

I can see how it would make an excellent TV series though, especially with AMC behind it.

I find The Walking Dead to be very "meh" as well. I'm also trying to figure out what all the "hubbub" is about puppies, sex, pizza, women, ice cream and beer as well.

I'm sticking with my non "meh" super hero books like Batman and Green Lantern and Deadpool and Wolverine. I like to read them all night long with my 15 cats curled up next to me. Those books are totally awesome and make me cool to read them! They deserve the "hubbub" from other 20-70 year old men like me!

Anyone want to meet up and play some Warhammer dressed up like japanimals?