• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab Pro?

80 posts in this topic

Any boxes that fit these yet?

I went by this booth at NYCC and played with the slab protectors for a bit.

They were cool in that they had colors to match the labels so you could "accessorize" your comic books...they even had some in the "old label red" color. He also showed how the books could be stacked to much higher heights without fear of cracking the slabs, although storing books for long periods of time on their fronts/backs usually isn't recommended. He demonstrated the protection by dropping the book from a few feet up (it was a cheap demo slab, no :eek: necessary). While cool in case of an accident, I still wouldn't be likely to store by slabs in places where they'd be prone to falling like that in the first place.

The protectors can fit inside CGC boxes, but doing so means you can fit few slabs in the box due to the extra thickness.

On the downside, they are quite pricey at about $15 each and they don't have anything other than the standard modern size protectors, so no thick slabs and no magazine-sized slabs.

They did have their UV protective screens on display, though. When applied properly, it was tough to tell that the screen was on the slab unless you were looking for it. I know there were a lot of people looking for ways to display their books without them getting damaged by UV rays. Perhaps this is a good option?

Did anyone else stop by the booth? Thoughts?

rtecbot -

We just wanted to inform you that we will be in NYC on February 19th for Mike Carbo's New York Comic Book Marketplace convention. If you're going to be in the area, please stop by our table. We will have Slab-Pro in all colors and our UV Protectors.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

slab-pro.com

shadroch-

We saw your inquiry regarding books with Slab-Pros fitting into boxes. Below are some pics. These are in CGC boxes and now they are more protected if you are traveling with your collection to a convention or just regularly storing in boxes. As you can see the top label is still visible with Slab-Pro and they are color coordinated to go with the grading label. You will not have to worry about them banging against each other or cracking. Without Slab-Pro, you can probably fit only another 1 or 2 CGC books in this box. So as you can see, they do not take up much room.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

slab-pro

box3.jpg

box2.jpg

box1.jpg

box.jpg

box4.jpg

box3.jpg

Just to be clear, is this a box that fits magazine sized CGC slabs or regular slabs? I just don't remember seeing my CGC box have that much play on either side of the slab as this one has.

Jazzman - The Slab-Pros do indeed fit into magazine size CGC boxes perfectly. Now there is no need to worry about your books hitting into each other.

Black is just a standard color.

Let me take the hype out …. This product is owned by the notorious Johnny Hetrich and Kimberly Reganato who are notorious for pressing books ,re-grading and stating as un –restored. They are on a massive campaign using alias and other accts to post positive reviews. I know for fact since I was asked. This product is a cheap I-phone want to be made in China for about .60-.80 who knows . The product is not air tight, and you really need to drop your case hard to crack and this does “not” protect the case. Logically whoever has a graded book handles with care? Tested and failed... Now let’s talk about the UV protector? Is it really a UV protector made and sold for 4.99? Who would ever leave a graded book in the sun or bright lights?

Let me take the hype out …. This product is owned by the notorious Johnny Hetrich and Kimberly Reganato who are notorious for pressing books ,re-grading and stating as un –restored. They are on a massive campaign using alias and other accts to post positive reviews. I know for fact since I was asked. This product is a cheap I-phone want to be made in China for about .60-.80 who knows . The product is not air tight, and you really need to drop your case hard to crack and this does “not” protect the case. Logically whoever has a graded book handles with care? Tested and failed... Now let’s talk about the UV protector? Is it really a UV protector made and sold for 4.99? Who would ever leave a graded book in the sun or bright lights?

Why would you want it airtight?

How about CGC boxes. With the Slab-pro on a CGC book would it still fit in a cgc box?

Do you offer a larger box to hold slab-pro cgc books in?

How about a Slab Pro for the CGC box itself? :insane: