• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

I still read Batman, Batman and robin, red robin, batgirl.

Ive dropped tec since it was batwoman run. i also dropped streets of gotham and gotham city sirens.

I totally ignore the out of continuity books like batman confidential and batman oddessy.

Odyssey is one of the best ones out there at the moment!!

lol i totally disagree. I tried to read it but it is not my cup of tea. :(

Anyone here read just one of the Bat titles or do everyone read Batman and Tec? Which do you prefer and why?

I currently read Batman. I still collect 'Tec and Batman & Robin but am way behind with reading them. I've just decided to add Batman Inc and The Dark Knight to my monthly buys, I'll give them a few issues to see what they're like.

And I have to agree with Baoky that Oddyssey was awful. I read #1 and couldn't even entertain the idea of buying #2.

I still read Batman, Batman and robin, red robin, batgirl.

Ive dropped tec since it was batwoman run. i also dropped streets of gotham and gotham city sirens.

I totally ignore the out of continuity books like batman confidential and batman oddessy.

Odyssey is one of the best ones out there at the moment!!

lol

I guess we all can have our opinions.

Yep, whatever tickles your fancy (thumbs u

I thought the writing was awkward and disjointed, sometimes slightly reminiscent of ASB&R in the dialogue. And for Adams art, most of it lacked his famous finesse and again felt awkward. Altogether it felt rushed and messy, not what I was expecting at all.

I guess we all can have our opinions.

Yep, whatever tickles your fancy (thumbs u

I thought the writing was awkward and disjointed, sometimes slightly reminiscent of ASB&R in the dialogue. And for Adams art, most of it lacked his famous finesse and again felt awkward. Altogether it felt rushed and messy, not what I was expecting at all.

So, Gav has been kidnapped and replaced with a pod person.

Yep, nice little SA homage there, I'd love to more of that if they're going to be rolling out variants again. At least make them desirable enough to buy.

Anybody read Bats #701 & #702 yet? Absolutely pointless filler stuff in my opinion. We didn't need to know what happened, it's filling a gap over two years old and didn't really tell us anything anyway.

I'm wondering if it was just filler as Bruce's return (or Batman Inc) isn't timing up right...

ive read 701 and 702. Ive actually enjoyed it because it went into more detail with Bruce's narration about killing darkseid and what happened after the plane crash. Also any Morrison + Daniel combo, and im there.

Anybody read Batman and robin 14??

CRAZY!!! :ohnoez:

So is anybody jumping on board for The Dark Knight or Batman Inc? I've got them ordered and will give them a trial run, I just hope Finch can handle the writing and art duties better than Adams managed with Odyssey.

Also is anybody reading Return of Bruce Wayne? I read #1 and found it appalling so I skipped the rest. Did it turn out any good?

I'm betting on finch not lasting long didn't he quit doing art for new avengers cause he couldn't handle it ?.. I remember something like that ... I'm going to be checking out the new batman stuff as it comes out as well I can't wait to see how they handle bruces return & having multiple batmans :D

I called that ages ago on other forums & some of them laughed at me for the idea! HA!