• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official Modern Batman Thread

842 posts in this topic

... so you thought I was gonna be gone from "the boards" forever

To be honest, I hadn't really thought of you at all.

and thought you can get away with your insertions to constantly show your "hate" for something that was crafted by Grant Morrison?

Ermm, yes. That's my opinion, this is a public message board where we can air our opinions.

You cannot have Blackest Night falling/happening in all parts of DC and not include Bruce/Batman whether dead or not... it is just arrogant/ignorant to think they would.

Go back and read what I wrote. I didn't say Blackest Night shouldn't have included Batman, I'm saying it had nothing to do with the Batman title. It was Green Lantern focused, and throwing out a Batman 'Blackest Night' mini tie-in was just another way of getting people to spend more money. Which stinks.

... what is with you about there is no connection/involvement with Bruce/Batman, have you forgot Bruce/Batman is a prominent member of Justice League of America?

What??

P.S.

I get you have harsh-opinions in regards to Grant Morrison's runs and you may not have enjoyed the series-runs Grant Morrison did and that you see Grant Morrison as a "Hit and/or Miss" type, but come on... your comments about "rushed insertion", is definitely a "miss".

Oh, it most definitely was. Read the promotional bumf again for RIP:

'Beginning the epic story that will change the legend of The Dark Knight forever!' Not really forever was it? Epic fail more like.

'Everything in Grant Morrison’s groundbreaking run on Batman has been leading to this, and nothing will ever be the same again.' Leading to what? RIP didn't even have an end, we had to wait until Batman #701 (19 issues after the 'end' of RIP) to read the missing part that was the interface between RIP and Final Crisis #6.

'Who will live? Who will die?' Nobody. Even in the two issues that surfaced nearly two years later, nobody died.

So, was that bad marketing? Or was it the fact that Morrison's plan was rehashed to tie-in with that year's 'event' to sell more books? I think the dreadful dedaline failures points to the latter.

I really wish that you clear your head, put away with your assertions, disregard the reviews/interviews and just read Grant Morrison's run over... it will probably be helpful and get you to appreciate the awesomeness of Grant Morrison as I will always see him... especially on Batman-titles/series.

You see, there you stated your opinion, and I didn't even ask if you 'think you can get away with it'. You can post your pro-Morrison fanboy stuff until your heart's content and you won't ever see a word from me rubbishing it. But at the same time, please leave me the alone.

:P Hiyo!

... opinions carry weight especially in a subject-thread regarding overall point-of-view, it can color person view-point to whether to pick-up or not, because if overwhelming opinion is to skip, some may skip. It may not be our/yours faults, but what we say/type does carry weight.

... it should have been expected that an issue/tie-in for Blackest Night for Batman, but whether it should have been 3 issues and should have been just a one-shot; we have a so-so agreement, because to be 3 issues and though the event regards the Green Lantern or Lanterns in general... does seem excessive to have 3-issues when could have been easily one-shot.

... "prominent member of Justice League of America" was in reference to your statement of "...Final Crisis has nothing to do with Batman (except for the rushed insertion of Darkseid sending him back in time)", because Batman had everything to do with Final Crisis!

Batman is always no matter what is going on... always on the case and the case in Final Crisis was "the death of a New God". He figured about the Alpha Lanterns, God-gun, and everything else... while everyone else was dealing with other issues, Batman was constantly thinking about the case at hand. Final Crisis was Batman in his finest hour... I mean come on man!

... the final issue in Batman-title regarding R.I.P. never said it was the end, it was the start or something more! Nothing will be just the same, because a secret pact has been made against and for the utter breakdown demise of Bruce/Batman that not just extent to the cohorts in Gotham, but everywhere. Stop reading the promos and read the issues.

Batman did die... read the reveal of Sunny Sumo in Final Crisis, Grant Morrison told you what will happen/what did happen. Grant Morrison is not hard to read or figure dude... it is all in the books, you just have to read them!

P.S.

You know what... I give, you are so entrenched to your opinion that even when I can point them out as wrong; you still in denial of the apparent. I give. (worship)

you are so entrenched to your opinion that even when I can point them out as wrong; you still in denial of the apparent. I give. (worship)

I don't like Grant Morrison, you tell me I should. Too right I'm in denial about that. Basically you hammer my reading comprehension skills, tell me I haven't read books which I obviously have, and tell me I shouldn't be posting my opinons on a message board. Those are your arguments, see how ridiculous they are?

Just because you don't agree with me you continually throw personal insults around, make ridiculous assumptions and revel in the fact that you 'proved me wrong'.

Thank God for the ignore button.

I just catched up on Batman Odyssey. Let s say first that I love Adams art from old Batman and deadman.

The thing is that batman odyssey story, dialogue and character representation are the worst I ever rode. But the arts is great. At 4$ each issues and with still 8 issues to come, I start to wonder if it s worth keeping it in my pull list.

I love the art but is it worth it. I think I gonna make a nightmare about the water part of issue 3 and how Bruce was insulting Alfred :cry:

HOLY MOLEY!!!

Please tell me someone out there read Batman and Robin #15?! MAN that issue was AMAZING. Joker scene was hilarious but the scene with Di ck and Hurt was awesome! Also that last page is the culmination of Morrison's run on RIP. Oh man i cant wait for issue #16.

I couldnt wait for my DCBS package to come in. i had to go to my LCS and buy it :D

HOLY MOLEY!!!

Please tell me someone out there read Batman and Robin #15?! MAN that issue was AMAZING. Joker scene was hilarious but the scene with Di ck and Hurt was awesome! Also that last page is the culmination of Morrison's run on RIP. Oh man i cant wait for issue #16.

I couldnt wait for my DCBS package to come in. i had to go to my LCS and buy it :D

That was a great entrance.

HOLY MOLEY!!!

Possible spoilers:

Are we really sure that was Bruce? Technically he not supposed to be back until #16. I've been reading a lot of speculation that it was either Alfred and Joker. I'm kind of hoping the Joker myself. He's the one who sent Damian in there to begin with. Could this be part of Jokers plan to get even with Dr. Hurt?

HOLY MOLEY!!!

Possible spoilers:

Are we really sure that was Bruce? Technically he not supposed to be back until #16. I've been reading a lot of speculation that it was either Alfred and Joker. I'm kind of hoping the Joker myself. He's the one who sent Damian in there to begin with. Could this be part of Jokers plan to get even with Dr. Hurt?

I am 99.9% sure its bruce. Hes already back in the DC universe. In the Bruce Wayne: the return one shots, hes already back in the DCU. Im very sure that him. Morrison wouldnt waste an entrance like that for anyone else but bruce.

The one shots are probably not a good thing to pick up if you're looking at getting into the Bat title/s right now. Batman: The Return may be the only one that would have any relevance.

As things stand: Over the last two years Bruce Wayne was sent back in time by Darkseid, Dick Grayson took over the cape and cowl and took Damian (Bruce's lovechild with Talia Al Ghul) as his new Robin. Tim Drake (the third Robin) is now Red Robin. Jason Todd (the second Robin killed by the Joker) is now Red Hood.

When Bruce Wayne returns there will be two Batmen, Bruce and Dick. The titles they'll be appearing in are outlined earlier in this thread, thankfully there isn't much sorting through to do to find out who'll be appearing in which title.

It's all going to depend on who you want to read as Batman really, if you find the titles they'll be appearing in it will give you a better idea of how the Bat family will be working going forward. Personally I wish I read Spider-Man instead at the moment.

If you're looking for trades to fill in any missing gaps, I'd recommend:

• Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul
  • Son of the Demon
  • RIP
  • Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader?

None of them are essential but will give you some brief recent history of what's been going on.

I will likely get the 5 title (Batman, Tec, Batman & Robin, Batman inc & DK) just so I can keep up on the character. DK seems like it will be a decent book. In an interview it was Described as darker and filled with a lot of stories from the Batman's Rogues gallery. I really enjoyed the first 7 issues of Batman and Robin.

So for anyone wondering brightest day #13 sort of sucks you get page of batman at the very end of the book... So if you were expecting a batfilled book wait for #14... only buy this one if you just want the cover ... lol