• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let me jump all over this bargain

41 posts in this topic

Pretty sure it's a Famous First Editions. .

Seems to have all the markers, size seems about right (in the hands) and gives the fraudster plausible deniability as it is indeed more than 30 years old.

Vendor is also selling Florida land. Wonder how "wet" that is?

Edit: I just had a closer look at the FFE and can't see the NPP copyright line.

Now, unsurprisingly, I'm clueless.

"The high bidder must pay in cash. You must have a paypal account. A $2,000 non-refundable deposit is required immediately after the auction closes by using paypal. "

Would this be a violation of eBay policy, or is he covered by stating that the deposit be paid via Paypal?

and not evan a real #1 cover.

Thats what I thought. The size seems right for a Famous First Edition. I like the way he hides his Rat-Fink face behind the book. Wish I lived in Florida. I'd like to see if he would meet in person.

action-smiley-073.gif

DR.X

In my role as talent scout for an international hand modeling agency I have never seen anyone with this much talent, this much raw ability.

I saw him first, the rest of you stay away. He's going to be a Star!!!!!

I just hope he's careful with them..until I can get them insured. :wishluck:

seinfeld_group026.jpg

I don't think this guy is so much a scam artist as he is stupid. Or ignorant. Based on the auction text, it could be reasonably surmised that he actually believes his laminated-on-wood repro cover could be worth something

I'm don't think it is a Famous First. I don't think the Famous First has the copyright notice at the bottom of the cover.

When I was a kid I had a couple of these - I think Bats 1 was another. They were manufactured as plaques. They must have been cheap (maybe $5) because I would not have bought them before purchasing any decent GA or SA book.