• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone else have a problem with staying focused?

26 posts in this topic

I am really interested in a FF book on the boards and was looking at things to sell to fund the purchase. One thing I do is look at what is on ebay and see what's marketable or not. While doing this I saw an interesting Dell that was both a file copy and a scarce book to boot. :idea: It had a buy it now with a best offer and even though the asking price was already cheap I threw out a "lowball" offer (approx 25% off the asking price) and the seller accepted. :o Now I am the proud owner of a funny animal Dell book that I don't even collect doh! While it's a cool scarce book (according to Overstreet) I would've been that much closer to buying an FF upgrade. :tonofbricks:

Buying random stuff helps spice up life a bit imo! lol! Lately my focus seems to be green lantern though I do still keep an eye out for other stuff I love as well :) Have you thought of selling, or even trading the book for the FF you want ?

I'm actually glad I don't have a focus in comics. While it's true I probably would be a lot further along in a particular title or area, I feel it would more likely cut me off from a lot of other great things I truly love now if I had remained "focused".

It's been very hard for me to stay focused. I've been hell bent on completing a slab run of TOS 39-99. I'm really close but I come across so many great books for sale on this forum and the other auctions that I start to feel...

Well I can buy that Strange Tales 101 or I can get that Hulk #3...or that FF#5...etc..... I even bought a Cap America #100 recently but that was just to round out the TOS39-99 with the 100 to end the run...

I have been much stronger than I have ever been when it comes to keeping focus on my goal.

I have vowed not to buy any other comics until I complete this run. Will power is in full force! lol