• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to the board

38 posts in this topic

Hello, I just joined this board and wanted to introduce myself to you.

My name is Bill Woo, I'm a huge Thanos fan and a collector of comic book original art. I see quite a few people that I know on this board so I sure I'm in good hands here.

I'm currently looking for any pages from the Thanos Quest series #1 & 2 plus covers to Silver Surfer #'s 34,38,45,55,57 and 59.

BTW, that's me and my favorite artist of all time, Jim Lee.

Thank you.

103452.jpg.75dc139f547d89f58f0d3dffebc46eea.jpg

Bill,

Welcome. Long time no talk.

This board is far more active and far more focused on topics with its set up than the "L" is right now. I think you will like it a lot.

Glad to see you here, you are one of the guys I live vicariously through since most of your collection is exactly what I would collect if you didn't already have them. lol

Best,

Chris

Hello, I just joined this board and wanted to introduce myself to you.

My name is Bill Woo, I'm a huge Thanos fan and a collector of comic book original art. I see quite a few people that I know on this board so I sure I'm in good hands here.

I'm currently looking for any pages from the Thanos Quest series #1 & 2 plus covers to Silver Surfer #'s 34,38,45,55,57 and 59.

BTW, that's me and my favorite artist of all time, Jim Lee.

Thank you.

Hey Bill

Where's the picture of the two of us in a bro-hug?? Oh yeah, I know, I'm just the inker. :kidaround:

Welcome to the board. It's actually a pretty entertaining place to be (more so than what comicart-L has become) and there are some pretty knowledgeable people here, some you'll agree with and others you won't. Keep your sense of humor, and it's all good.

Scott Williams

Thanks Hari, are you ready to sell me that one TQ page you have?

Thank you Oakman29.

Thank you Chris Caira.... sorry if have the same taste, I have slowed down a bit so that's good news for you right?

Thank you Mike.

Scott, thanks. Do I even have a picture with you? If I don't it's because I didn't want such a great looking guy standing next to me..... might make me look bad... lol!! No insult to Jim of course!!

Wish I would've learned about this place earlier since it looks like it's a great place to learn about art and meet other collectors.

Thank you Bryan91

Thank you Shane. BTW, which piece that I own is your all time favorite piece in the CAF site?

.... sorry if have the same taste, I have slowed down a bit so that's good news for you right?

It was cheaper just to watch your CAF updates. So I appreciated collecting through your eyes instead of my wallet.

The hardest part was showing people my collection online and explaining that Woo was really an Italian name.

Thank you Shane. BTW, which piece that I own is your all time favorite piece in the CAF site?

That would be the one you've made your avatar from so i assume it has to be one of yours too! How could it not be?!

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=85244&GSub=1628

I have a thing for Thanos as well so i often tour through your CAF and drool. That piece is the fave but your Infinity Gauntlet covers and DPSs are just killer as well.

Oh, and the Surfer 13, ASM 69, and that Frazetta thing aren't bad either... ;)

Seriously, amazing collection, Bill. Kudos.

Welcome Bill! Great to see you here on your the boards :applause:

By the way, I bought an awesome Warlock 9 Thanos splash by Starlin from you two years ago-- still one of my most favorite pieces. As many will attest, it was a joy dealing with you. I know how much you cherish your Thanos art so I'm grateful you could let that one treasure go.

Have fun...

Dino

Hey Bill,

I'll echo Chris's and Scott's comments that the CGC boards a certainly more fun than comicart-L. I don't even read that list anymore. There is much more passion and positive energy on these boards, which keeps it a fun hobby. I have also made many new friends here.

Regarding the TQ page, I rarely sell at all anymore, but we can talk.

And nice avatar! Looks familiar ;)

Hari

Bill Woo! Welcome!

Would love to hear stories about what you've been offered for the Hulk 340 cover. How did you acquire it? You couldn't have been the only one after it.

Is there an echo in here?? I could've sworn I saw that question already followed by a quarter of a million valuation!

:baiting:

Bill Woo! Welcome!

Would love to hear stories about what you've been offered for the Hulk 340 cover. How did you acquire it? You couldn't have been the only one after it.

Is there an echo in here?? I could've sworn I saw that question already followed by a quarter of a million valuation!

:baiting:

That was me answering myself - I want to hear it from the man himself...plus I'd love to hear how he acquired the cover!