• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANTHONY CASTRILLO UPDATES

749 posts in this topic

I realize that Marvel uses a sliding scale timeline, but given Magneto's ties to WWII, it's hard to ignore that he is very old compared to many of the active heroes in the Marvel Universe.

I thought the first X-men movie portrayed him the way I always thought he'd be...pulling out his chair, opening doors, and lifting objects all without touching them. Magneto uses his powers in every facet of his life because he believes it's the unique power that makes mutants the superior race. If he can't even be bothered to pull out his own chair with his hands, why the :censored: would he hit the gym?

There was something Neal Adams and I talked about ( i have to talk to his daughter to double check ) but mutants had always been established as having superior physiques due to their genetic make-up, and by that I also mean full control over their bodies ability to generate muscle mass. I have to remember Neals explanation,which made sense to me at the time.

And what you point out makes perfect sense in Magnetos case,I wish Marvel would stick to a "real" time line as far as aging their characters,it would be nice to see someone die of natural causes than getting offed by a super villain/scenario.

it would be nice to see someone die of natural causes than getting offed by a super villain/scenario.

I've got to agree here. With death so rampant in comics, it would be intriguing to see Spidey retire from the super-hero business because of a close call from aging limitations as opposed to getting killed/brought back a few times. I know they've had a few alternate futures with Spider-man Reign and Spider-girl and such, but to see something in the main titles would be a big draw for me. Plus, it would (hopefully) force the creation of some new and compelling characters.

it would be nice to see someone die of natural causes than getting offed by a super villain/scenario.

I've got to agree here. With death so rampant in comics, it would be intriguing to see Spidey retire from the super-hero business because of a close call from aging limitations as opposed to getting killed/brought back a few times. I know they've had a few alternate futures with Spider-man Reign and Spider-girl and such, but to see something in the main titles would be a big draw for me. Plus, it would (hopefully) force the creation of some new and compelling characters.

As interesting a twist as it will be for readers, I don't think Marvel will wanna take that risk and lose a avenue where money is rolling in. Spidey's a classic (like many of the other popular characters), and I guess putting him into retirement or out of action for good would be like a suicidal move... unless of course, somehow they come up with some half- reason that it's only for a while etc.

Plus, I'm sure Marvel knows they lack the "creativity" to come up with a fresh and lasting character. lol

Btw, cool sig line Adam (thumbs u Who's the artist?

I thought Captain Marvel died of natural causes :shrug: was nice ending. Not for long but...

Actually..that's what was printed on the newspapers but, just as they are going to release the JFK files in 2023, the Captain Marvel files were released by the Department of Defense two years ago, and although the media has pretty much kept a tight lid on this, I heard he was actually found with a belt around his neck in a wild orgy-like party off of the Coast of Spain (In Ibiza to be exact). The attendees were all European Magnates who declined to comment and according to written testimony were quoted as saying that they "saw nothing." The rest, as you all know, is history. A truly tragic ending to a hero that saved the world many times over. He was survived by Marvel Jr (who died last year of a heroine induced suicide, yelling "I can fly", well...he wasn't Captain Marvel for sure), also Marvelito (Illegitimate child with his then housekeeper, now proven by DNA testing) and of course, by Sopita de Papa Marvel Gutierrez (The now two year old conceived from his sperm which was donated back when he was in College; the mom, as we all know, who paid the staggering 7 million dollars for it in 2007 is Julia Roberts)....he is still missed.. :(

Thanks M. I lost my mom then dad about 5 years apart and they were relatively young.

I lost my dad on 2/17/10. They gave him 6 months to live back in 1999. He lived 11 more years. My family was truly blessed to have a hero :)

O, I'm sorry to hear that man. I dread the day I lose a parent.

It really does ruin your day. My mom died of a heart attack,my dad cancer both cases had complications,both unexpected.

Ill tell you one thing,having kids makes it a bit easier but you miss them just the same.

Ok, back to art stuff.