• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City 2

229 posts in this topic

Anyone coming to the Mound City auction next weekend? (Sept 17-19th)

Haven't even had a chance to preview the books.

Are they listed anywhere? i looked on icollector, but i cant seem to find them.

They've posted here a few times and also if you google Mound City Auctions they show up.

jeez just started looking...restored books and lots of garbage

someone should tell them not to CGC *EVERYTHING*

Lot # 4

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 4.0

Lot # 5

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 3.0

Lot # 6

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 6.5

jeez just started looking...restored books and lots of garbage

someone should tell them not to CGC *EVERYTHING*

Lot # 4

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 4.0

Lot # 5

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 3.0

Lot # 6

Captain America (1st Series) #100 : CGC 6.5

That was the first thing that came to mind when I went through the list a few weeks ago. There's a handful of books that interest me, the rest are an easy "pass"

I wonder if they were able to get the shipping problems they had last time under control?
Free shipping in the US. But they have a 15% in person buyer's premium (+~7% tax) and an 18% bp for online.It's practically heritage like on the bp.

I wonder if they were able to get the shipping problems they had last time under control?
Free shipping in the US. But they have a 15% in person buyer's premium (+~7% tax) and an 18% bp for online.It's practically heritage like on the bp.

At least with Heritage you can justify the added expense because of the quality of the books they offer. Not the case here

Buyers Premium- Who gives a . I don't pay it, the seller pays it.

That said there are some books in there, but you have to look for them. I would say mid grade collectors could find a bunch of stuff in this auction. Remember one man's cast offs are another man's treasure.

That said there are some books in there, but you have to look for them. I would say mid grade collectors could find a bunch of stuff in this auction. Remember one man's cast offs are another man's treasure.

Wouldn't they call it seller's premium if the seller paid it? :shrug:

Wouldn't they call it seller's premium if the seller paid it? :shrug:

The argument is that the buyers factor in their additional impost and bid (lower) accordingly.

Man there are some bad books in this auction. I'd guess half the books don't even cover the CGC fees. Superman 190 CGC 7.0? Even better books like Worlds Finest 2 CGC 0.5? I mean, what's the point. Anyone else able to get larger pics, I can't even read the CGC label notes let alone look at the book (or back cover for that matter)

There are a few gems in there but as a whole the auction looks skip-able which may hurt prices on some.

Ed