• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mound City 2

229 posts in this topic

Given that the Mound City guys didn't know much about comics, I'm sure everyone's guess is the correct one--they thought they learned with their last collection that CGC = profit. This time around they're about to learn that only works if the material is quality enough and that evaluating quality books isn't as trivial as they assumed and they were quite lucky with their first venture.

Anyone else able to get larger pics, I can't even read the CGC label notes let alone look at the book (or back cover for that matter)

Yes, just click the magnifying glass near the right side of the book. Then click the book again when the next screen appears. Huge scans.

As for the bp, it's not a bad trade for anything <$100 since you get free shipping this time. But yeah, the seller pays it in the form of lower bids from buyers. Plus, I believe that they are still charging a low seller's premium as well.

I thought I had heard that there would be a way to get to the auction without paying the con ticket price. I could be wrong.

Hell they should let me in free for my advertisement thread. I'm sure I made at least $20 for them. hm

Hell I didn't realize there was a comic convention. I might go to that and skip the auction.

I can get additions to my sketchbook. Javier Freaking Saltares is going to be there! :luhv:

Some of the books are total garbage, some of the books are on my radar, some are on everyones radar. The SA may be a let down, but the gold is some cool books.

Hell I didn't realize there was a comic convention. I might go to that and skip the auction.

I can get additions to my sketchbook. Javier Freaking Saltares is going to be there! :luhv:

That is probably not a good sign - you're a local collector and it's the first you've heard of the convention :eek:

That is probably not a good sign - you're a local collector and it's the first you've heard of the convention :eek:

Yeah, but I couldn't tell you the last time I've been to a local shop so I'm not exactly in the loop.

Buyers Premium- Who gives a . I don't pay it, the seller pays it.

That said there are some books in there, but you have to look for them. I would say mid grade collectors could find a bunch of stuff in this auction. Remember one man's cast offs are another man's treasure.

Wouldn't they call it seller's premium if the seller paid it? :shrug:

It is a sellers commision no matter what they call it. If I buy a 1,000 book I will only pay 1,000 dollars for it no matter who I buy it from- Heritage, Mound City, CL, CC, or Pedigree. It is the seller that gets the screw job and if he isn't smart enough to realize CC, CL, and Pedigree allow him to make more money and still pretty much deliver the same end dollar result then they are short selling themselves.

That said- If you have a monster collection and have negoitiating leverage, I think Heritage is a great venue to sell through, especially if you have DC Gold.