• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, what's the lowdown on Nedors?

37 posts in this topic

Schomburg war covers are more key than non-war.

Schomburg war covers that feature Hitler/Mussolini/Hirohito are more key than those that don't.

Books off the top of my head that are really desirable...

America's Best #7

Black Terror #3

Exciting #9 (first Black Terror, desirable but they come around fairly often)

All Exciting Black Terror covers(#26 - #31 are especially tough and desirable)

Fighting Yank #6

Real Life #3

Startling #10(first Fighting Yank, and very tough to find)

Thrilling #41, 44

Wonder #1

Someone else can elaborate about the Sci-Fi airbrush stuff. Certainly Startling #49 is the biggy from that era.

Schomburg war covers are more key than non-war.

Schomburg war covers that feature Hitler/Mussolini/Hirohito are more key than those that don't.

Books off the top of my head that are really desirable...

America's Best #7

Black Terror #3

Exciting #9 (first Black Terror, desirable but they come around fairly often)

All Exciting Black Terror covers(#26 - #31 are especially tough and desirable)

Fighting Yank #6

Real Life #3

Startling #10(first Fighting Yank, and very tough to find)

Thrilling #41, 44

Wonder #1

Someone else can elaborate about the Sci-Fi airbrush stuff. Certainly Startling #49 is the biggy from that era.

Most of the Xela airbrush covers sell at a premium to the non-war covers but less than the Schomburg war covers of similar grade.

Startling 49 is a trancendant cover that is appealing to almost all comic collectors and prices reflect that. There is a 9.0 copy for sale in the selling forum right now.

Major airbrush titles are Exciting, Startling, Thrilling and Wonder. There are others out there but they don't seem to be as common or pursued.

Too many collectors of Nedor books to make it worth your while to start now unless you want to add another level to the insanity. Better off waiting a couple of years till the passion dies down.

Timelies suck on the inside.

I can't recall any Nedor with a decent interior (might be an exception for early Frazetta stories) but some Timelys, with Everett and S&K, is eminently non-sucky.

I can't recall any Nedor with a decent interior (might be an exception for early Frazetta stories) but some Timelys, with Everett and S&K, is eminently non-sucky.

Nitpicker. Nedors with either Meskin or Moreira on Black Terror can be enjoyable. :baiting:

Nedors suck on the inside

Haha. You mean you don't love the Fighting Yank, who wears a tri-tip hat, and calls upon the ghost of an American founding father whenever he gets into trouble? Come on, this comic is a Revolutionary War re-enactor's dream come true.

And don't forget the groovy huntsman's breeches!

Nitpicker. Nedors with either Meskin or Moreira on Black Terror can be enjoyable. :baiting:

Generalizer :slapfight:

I think Fujitani did some work for them as well, didn't he?

Generalizer :slapfight:

I think Fujitani did some work for them as well, didn't he?

Not according to the Who's Who and I don't recall anything he would have done for them. However, you can add Ralph Mayo and Art Saaf on Judy of the Jungle as acceptable Nedor features.

Nedors suck on the inside

Haha. You mean you don't love the Fighting Yank, who wears a tri-tip hat, and calls upon the ghost of an American founding father whenever he gets into trouble? Come on, this comic is a Revolutionary War re-enactor's dream come true.

And don't forget the groovy huntsman's breeches!

Ah, but the covers...

fightingyank4.jpg

fightingyank5.jpg

fightingyank6.jpg

fightingyank7.jpg

fightingyank8.jpg

fightingyank9.jpg

fightingyank10.jpg