• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, what's the lowdown on Fiction House?

149 posts in this topic

Rafael Astarita! Sotheby's sold the original art to that cover back in the 90s.

Not Zolne but still a classic!

JungleComics4660.jpg

Rafael Astarita! Sotheby's sold the original art to that cover back in the 90s.

Not Zolne but still a classic!

JungleComics4660.jpg

That's a great gorilla! What other covers did he do?

Great cover. Pointed out Jeff Weaver's copy to Flying Donut at Baltimore Con and he denied interest because while she is in peril, she is not tied. Still a fantastic cover.

Yeah, while GCD shows Whitman: 1) that's not Whitman's Kaanga and 2) for sure, the first Whitman female shows up on # 8. Kamen is a good guess. Would love to hear others chiming in.
It doesn't give me any Kamenish vibes but given that they were produced by the Iger shop it could be a mash-up or a swipe involving Kamen.

All kidding aside, if Fiction House had managed to have a good color strike on all of their printing runs, I think they would be even more collected than they already are. The difference between copies of the same issue can be maddening sometimes!

All kidding aside, if Fiction House had managed to have a good color strike on all of their printing runs, I think they would be even more collected than they already are. The difference between copies of the same issue can be maddening sometimes!

This one simply doesnt work if the colours are dulled and I'd rather have a low grade copy with great colors than a high grade without!

WingsComics8260.jpg