• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ok, what's the lowdown on Fiction House?

149 posts in this topic

All kidding aside, if Fiction House had managed to have a good color strike on all of their printing runs, I think they would be even more collected than they already are. The difference between copies of the same issue can be maddening sometimes!

This one simply doesnt work if the colours are dulled and I'd rather have a low grade copy with great colors than a high grade without!

WingsComics8260.jpg

EGGzactly! +1, but applied to all Fiction House covers, not just that one... I recently sold a few of mine, simply because their color was not good enough, and every time I looked through them, I liked my copies less... the hunt goes on.

I don't need any incitation to start collecting Jumbos :frustrated:

The 44 has a strong image but the 46 wins over it in my book: more detail and certainly a lot more dynamic with the water element and who wouldn't love the jumping-away frog :)

Once I find a 70, I'm out of Jumbos for a while. Feel free to fill that void.

Must be scarce? If I sell you mine I'd have to find another! And look, it's pretty, see?

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/bonhooghly/jumbo

Feel free to slip that one into my envelope as a thank-you for being a good customer. :baiting:

Jumbo 70 isn't terribly hard to find, I've passed on four this year: two for being too beat-up, one was more than I could afford at the time, and the last has some nasty color fading. I haven't found one in my sweet spot yet.

Seems like we have two copies of a big Wings books! :applause:

Great books all the way around. Seems like almost every issue is accounted for.

Something completely different.

Wings0185001.jpg

Joe Lewis, Shark Brodie AND Big Red McLean. Throw in a Swastika'ed plane going down in a 1940 book and you have a great cover. 5.0 Blue OW/W

Fight250.jpg

Did Kinks Mason from Fight Comics hang out with Spurt Hammond from Planet Comics?