• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fred Hembeck (Golden Age)

12 posts in this topic

I am a huge fan of Fred Hembeck. As many of you know, Hembeck is a cartoonist known for his parodies of characters from major American comic book publishers. He often portrays himself as a character in his own work, in the role of "interviewer" of various comic book characters, and regularly drew strips in the 80's for Marvel Age. I have been fortunate to acquire some really special golden age cover parody original art pieces from him, and thought I'd share them here.

Sardo!!

These things are great, I note only one is framed, but I hope there are plans to display all of them prominently.

I, too, am a big fan of Fred, and just yesterday started re-reading half a dozen of his "compilation fanzine" issues - pics to follow.

I really like the way he appreciates the inherent silliness of so many comics, and is able to convey the "Sense of Wonder" that a lot of the more "serious" books possessed.

I have to ask, are these commissions expensive? PM me if you don't feel comfortable publicly disclosing.

Anyway, here are my bona-fides:

Hembeck.jpg

Sardo!!

These things are great, I note only one is framed, but I hope there are plans to display all of them prominently.

I, too, am a big fan of Fred, and just yesterday started re-reading half a dozen of his "compilation fanzine" issues - pics to follow.

I really like the way he appreciates the inherent silliness of so many comics, and is able to convey the "Sense of Wonder" that a lot of the more "serious" books possessed.

I have to ask, are these commissions expensive? PM me if you don't feel comfortable publicly disclosing.

Anyway, here are my bona-fides:

Hembeck.jpg

They will all be framed shortly. He is really great, and I have always liked him for the same reasons you have. His commissions are very reasonable. They cost me about $150 each. I commissioned him directly for all but the All Star 13, which I picked up from a dealer in San Diego. You can contact him through his website at www.hembeck.com