• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Halloween is a little over a month and a half away

40 posts in this topic

... I'm doing a life size Brise of Frankenstein display on my front deck,....think of the Aurora Monster Model version of her strapped to the table,...I just started building it this weekend,...I'll post pictures when done,...

bride.jpg

...both,...this is the Polar Lights repo,...basically the same model,..it was a lesser know aurora kit,..I don't think it was ever advertised on comic back covers,...I grew up a mile away from the Aurora factory as a kid so i had a lot of lesser known kits,...

dscn0704.jpg

Great Bride of Frankenstein kit! I have most of the Aurora monster models, but I'm missing the Bride and King Kong(I did have Kong as a kid, but never saw the Bride. But it was advertised in Famous Monsters of Filmland).

...there were a few other "horror" genre kits that never really made it mainstream (or glow-in-the-dark)...one other I remember was a French Revolution Guillotine scene,....I guess it was pulled cause it was too graphic,...I've posted this before, but here is a sight that has all the old aurora catalogs going back to the 50's,...

linkage

I remember having the Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare, or something like that. I always wanted those crazy "Monster Scenes" models that were heavily advertised in DC Comics(Dr. Deadly, Vampirella) but they never seemed to show up in Philadelphia.

I remember having the Forgotten Prisoner of Castle Mare, or something like that. I always wanted those crazy "Monster Scenes" models that were heavily advertised in DC Comics(Dr. Deadly, Vampirella) but they never seemed to show up in Philadelphia.

...Monster scenes were way cool,..they had movable parts so you could use them almost like action figures,...there was a girl in a ripped bikini that was called "The Victim" and yould could put her in any of the various toture sets like the hanging cage or the pendulum,...they would never get away with stuff like this today,...

COMICAD%20aurora%20monster.jpg

My 4 year old daughter already made her pic for this year. She's going with Green Lantern. She chose that on her own after picking up a new Green Lantern comic from the 50 cent bin at a LCS. She also loves the Green Lantern in the old Justice League cartoons. I was thinking about guiding her towards Hit Girl but I like her pick too much.

My wife is ok with the pick but was distraught last year when she almost went with Dorothy but switched up to Batgirl (pic from her in action pose from last year below). My son went with Superman last year but is still undecided for this year.

Batgirl.jpg

My 4 year old daughter already made her pic for this year. She's going with Green Lantern. She chose that on her own after picking up a new Green Lantern comic from the 50 cent bin at a LCS. She also loves the Green Lantern in the old Justice League cartoons. I was thinking about guiding her towards Hit Girl but I like her pick too much.

My wife is ok with the pick but was distraught last year when she almost went with Dorothy but switched up to Batgirl (pic from her in action pose from last year below). My son went with Superman last year but is still undecided for this year.

Batgirl.jpg

She has an intense hit girl like look!

our little neighborhood in brooklyn becomes an absolute mob scene on halloween. there's a costume parade for the kids (and some adults), refreshments and then kids from probably a 2-3 mile radius seem to come here (because there are single family houses and it's relatively safe (good police presence, at least on halloween). i would not be surprised if we get vistited by 500+++ trick or treaters in a night.

me and the mrs. do not dress up, although our son does. he enjoys handing out candy more than trick or treating (although maybe this year he'll be more into accumulating candy).

we don't do a lot of decorations, in years past we have filled up a big pumpkin garbage bad with leaves and I have some casper stuff from the movie we hang up from the porch.

and i steal a lot of mounds bars and reeses peanut butter cups when my wife isn't looking. those are really too good to give out to total strangers.