• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever seen an old Batbike?

34 posts in this topic

It's worth alot! Very rare item for sure. :o

Even the center batman emblem(which is usually gone) is present. (thumbs u

And the emblem is upside down....we know what that's done for the value of stamps. lol

It's worth alot! Very rare item for sure. :o

Even the center batman emblem(which is usually gone) is present. (thumbs u

And the emblem is upside down....we know what that's done for the value of stamps. lol

lol Can't say much for the person who assembled it. (shrug)

Here is one very rare bike from 69-70

batbike.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Whoo-wee! That was the height of fashion back in the 1960's. Banana seat, high-handle bars, wheelie-wheel, high backrest, stick-shift gears, raised-letter tire ............. :cloud9:

batbike.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Whoo-wee! That was the height of fashion back in the 1960's. Banana seat, high-handle bars, wheelie-wheel, high backrest, stick-shift gears, raised-letter tire ............. :cloud9:

A friend had one of those, only his didn't have the wheelie bar/wheels. I wonder if that was an aftermarket add-on.

As far as the other bike,any idea what year it is from? I remember FAO Schwartz having a Bat-bike but this one looks pretty barebones for them.

batbike.jpg

DSCF0005.jpg

Weren't those called sissy bars? It is indeed awesome!

It was around 1969 that I customized my bike with fork extensions and a front mini-wheel. Totally impractical, and probably looked more stupid than cool, but I was just a dumb kid.

The wheelie bar is an after market piece and very rare. I believe they only made them for a short while.

They may have made after market ones,but this one is pure original Schwinn.This would have been the top of the line bike for 1969