• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage comics

220 posts in this topic

Meet me in person at new York comiccon and tell me there

Ok. My prior response was before you added that last nugget, so I didn't see it.

Allow me to respond to just that part of your edited comment...

If you are really so insecure and threatened by comments made on a comic book message board, perhaps you need to find another place to get your fix.

In a face to face meeting, I can assure you that I can still use only words and vocabulary to make you look like a complete tool. If you have to resort to physical violence, that's just a testament to your mentality. There's nothing I can do to help you with that. Perhaps you should have paid more attention in school.

So take your threats, and build a bridge to get over it. If you want to play here where all we have are words, you better grow up and bring your A game, son.

Thanks DiceX. I can appreciate your confidence and ability to use the English language. I gather your parents instilled a good school ethic or pehaps your nose was burried in comics and the sharp tongue was learned that way. Either way, I solve my issues with people through the use of words not violence. I can assure you I never implied any violence in meeting me at NYCC.

SInce I will be there I look forward to taking the time to get to know as many people on here as possible. Those who don't like me...well you can tell me in-person and we can use WORDS to discuss it. I find that most people (not saying you Dice) will NEVER say the things they say on Internet forums. It's so easy to hide behind a computer screen and say things to attack others.

It's a whole other entity when meeting someone in-person and saying the same thing.

Regardless, the only tool here is the guy who started this thread because that problem with the book was overblown and exagerated....much like your IQ DiceX and ImageMask.

Thanks for calling me "son"...although I think i'm older than you.

I'm very glad to be on this forum and regardless of these minor squabbles...I'm not going anywhere. See you soon SON!

the only tool here is the guy who started this thread because that problem with the book was overblown and exagerated....much like your IQ DiceX and ImageMask.

You just can't let it go can you...

It's a whole other entity when meeting someone in-person and saying the same thing.

No. The words are the same. It's just the way you perceive them that's different. Unfortunately there's no way to make you understand the emotion, action, and context through the message board. You just have to learn to let your guard down a little and not feel so threatened by everything.

So, lighten up, Francis. :makepoint:

My skin is thick and believe me...none of you get to me at all. Life has much more to worry about than some Internet big shots who like to poke fun at people or send me nasty PMs

If that's the case, use the ignore feature and stop having your little retaliatory (and non-retaliatory) digs at people.

I'm a member of plenty of other forums and not one of them has this many people who are so skeptical and vicious to others...just saying

I think people are mainly cynical to newcomers here because there can be such a high percentage of scammers (and has been) when compared to say, a knitting forum or a nuclear physicist forum.

Know what I mean?

We've had a lot of odd balls come by here (I mean, have you been to a convention lately lol ) and some have just joined to start trouble and others have joined to steal money.

I think when people give someone a hard time it's part initiation and part trying to see why you are actually here.

Heck, I was labeled as a PGX shill when I joined. I was defensive of it and I've always been a supporter of the underdog (unless I'm proven wrong) but now, would anyone call me a PGX shill?

:insane:

Yes, this forum certainly has it's share of odd balls...no arguments there. hm

I belong to The Gear Page which is a Musicians Gear enthusiast forum, a fine watch forum sinceI also collect nice watches, and a Marvel collectables forum (for statues and stuff). NONE of those forums have the issues this forum has...but those forums also don't have people who have motivations to be shills or scammers (for the most part).

When one thinks about joining a comic book forum without prior experience one would think it is a community of nice people who all enjoy comics and have respect for each other. Certainly not what we have on this forum.

While I am new, I have read plenty to know this hobby has more of it's share of odd balls, shills, scammers, etc to cause enough skeptisism for most online forums. We seem to have banned members, HOS, and plenty of other issuues that other forums dont seem to experience. Our mods here have their hands full.

It also seems to be a right of passage on this forum for older members to haze the noobs. I get it and i'm not bothered by it (well I was bothered before but I realize what it is)

My point in saying i'll be at NYCC is really to say...I'm here to stay and why not try and work out problems in-person....i'm not a shill and if you meet me in-person you might just like me...and I might just like you...maybe lol

If anyone still doubts my intentions on this forum and whether I am a shill...PM me and I can give you several people on here who have dealings with me to know I am no shill.

Now, tell me about that knitting forum you belong to. What kind of yarn do you use and are you knitting sweaters, scarves or socks? I can use some slab protectors and perhaps you can knit a slab bumper or extra padding when shipping books...can you knit that or should I contact SlabPro? (thumbs u

Seriously, thanks for the nice post.

If anyone still doubts my intentions on this forum and whether I am a shill...PM me and I can give you several people on here who have dealings with me to know I am no shill.

I have no doubts that you are legit. It's just tough being new on here but there definitely are a lot of terrific people on here, as you will find out if you stick around. Lots of us know each other face to face as well as on here and I guess that causes a bit of a "clique" even when it isn't meant to.

Now, tell me about that knitting forum you belong to. What kind of yarn do you use and are you knitting sweaters, scarves or socks? I can use some slab protectors and perhaps you can knit a slab bumper or extra padding when shipping books...can you knit that or should I contact SlabPro? (thumbs u

It's a secret. :gossip:

From what I hear, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

:grin:

No probs.

(thumbs u <--------you decide which way this was meant. :baiting:

I have no doubts that you are legit. It's just tough being new on here but there definitely are a lot of terrific people on here, as you will find out if you stick around. Lots of us know each other face to face as well as on here and I guess that causes a bit of a "clique" even when it isn't meant to.

It's a secret. :gossip:

From what I hear, even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

:grin:

No probs.

(thumbs u <--------you decide which way this was meant. :baiting:

I believe Roy'd is the appropriate term here.

It also seems to be a right of passage on this forum for older members to haze the noobs.

A master wordsmith should get it rite, right?

It also seems to be a right of passage on this forum for older members to haze the noobs.

WRITE!!!

WRITE!!!

WRIGHT!!!

Bet that flew over most people's heads.