• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet 2 on ComicConnect

73 posts in this topic

I've always found them to be a bit too forgiving on foxing. The Crippens being a good example.

I suspect their criteria regarding foreign material and discoloration including foxing, tanning, dust shadows, stains, dirt, etc. revolves around removability. If it can't be removed, they downgrade a lot, but if it can, they downgrade only a little or not at all. I've heard it's possible to remove foxing, but I'm not sure of it. I know we've discussed that topic before and the conclusions, if any, elude my memory at the moment. :blush:

CGC is brutal on stains. I don't know what leniency they give to pedigrees that present so nicely but if it were just a regular GA book, I think they would come down pretty hard on it.

CGC is pretty tough on Larsons - perhaps the most of any pedigree - due to stains, foxing, slight moisture damage, a dot of glue, etc., so I'd say they are fairly consistent in that area.

I had a larson AMF 2/9 that "looked" VF+ but graded 7.0 due to stains...

but I bought the book, and not the number, and I paid VF+ price for it because I was ok with that...

CGC is brutal on stains. I don't know what leniency they give to pedigrees that present so nicely but if it were just a regular GA book, I think they would come down pretty hard on it.

CGC is pretty tough on Larsons - perhaps the most of any pedigree - due to stains, foxing, slight moisture damage, a dot of glue, etc., so I'd say they are fairly consistent in that area.

but I bought the book, and not the number, and I paid VF+ price for it because I was ok with that...

I guess a scan would help...

amf29l-1.jpg

I guess a scan would help...

amf29l-1.jpg

Great looking book! :takeit:

I understand your point and usually spend what 'I' feel is appropriate for a book. I'm mostly weighing what I'd like to pay vs. the price of a 7.5/8.0 graded as a 9.0 and potentially priced as a 9.4.

Regardless, I appreciate the information and views from everyone. I'm pretty much set on what 'I' think it is worth so I either get it at that price or I don't.

jeez louise. sweet books guys. all this thread is missing is bangzooms #4 :cloud9:

Not BZ's, but here's mine (unrestored w/white pages):

Planet4.jpg

The colors are unreal! :luhv:

jeez louise. sweet books guys. all this thread is missing is bangzooms #4 :cloud9:

Not BZ's, but here's mine (unrestored w/white pages):

Planet4.jpg

The colors are unreal! :luhv:

Very Nice.

Very Nice.

So nice you gotta say it twice.

:applause:

There's a fantastic Planet 4 in the latest Mound City auction. It's relatively cheap right now too ($1300 for a CGC 8.5). It's already out of my price range but one of you guys might pounce on it.

http://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=2755&aid=30937&lid=8538452

that is one of the few I need to complete my run (thumbs u