• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vote on the outcome

Kudos forum or Kudos thread  

402 members have voted

1. 1. Kudos forum or Kudos thread

59 posts in this topic

I guess I just don't see the point of this. There are roughly, what, 3 or 400 people actively buying and selling here? A thread for each one of them is going to be six, seven or eight pages of threads. Will people actually sort through all of that to find a person's thread that may or may not exist and may or may not have the appropriate feedback?

People won't give negative feedback to egregiously poor sellers on eBay, I'm not sure I envision a lot of appropriate usage of this here when it's actually a community. Supposedly.

(shrug)

I guess I just don't see the point of this. There are roughly, what, 3 or 400 people actively buying and selling here? A thread for each one of them is going to be six, seven or eight pages of threads. Will people actually sort through all of that to find a person's thread that may or may not exist and may or may not have the appropriate feedback?

People won't give negative feedback to egregiously poor sellers on eBay, I'm not sure I envision a lot of appropriate usage of this here when it's actually a community. Supposedly.(shrug)

A thread per person would be easy to find all their feedback at one place. You can use the search feature to find the thread, then just read through it rather than tracing random messages that may or may not pertain. 2c

People won't give negative feedback to egregiously poor sellers on eBay, I'm not sure I envision a lot of appropriate usage of this here when it's actually a community. Supposedly.

(shrug)

This whole discussion is a beaurocrat's dream.

• Administrator

I'm imagining that the best effect is an easy way for new buyers to understand who the more known sellers are. This would happen because:

1. Sellers would want to link to their feedback in their signature area - no searching, just follow the link.

2. Those who click the link get a pretty condensed view of the positive transactions of that person rather than having to accumulate a general sense of people by reading the kudos thread and trying to pick out the relevant feedback.

Even if a seller does not link a feedback thread for you (which I would then as a buyer treat as suspect), it would still be easier to search for that thread than to pick out a pattern from the kudos thread.

That's why I think the separate forum is a decent idea.

I'm avoiding the negative comments situation because I think that people will, in fact, get into long and arduous flame wars. To be honest, that kind of happens already, it just goes in the probation discussions. But I thought we'd try the kudos thing first.

I think it's a good idea.

I know you can search the kudos thread today, but it's too hard. Once you make a search query, you have to sort through a ton of postings to try to piece together what is feedback vs. discussion/sales posts.

Giving the sellers the opportunity to keep their own thread makes it much more convenient. 2c

I'm not sure i care either way. If someone wants to start a thread and people want to post in it, that's great. However, I've never really participated in the Kudos forum because of the volume in transactions, and so I've never expected it in return. I won't be linking to it in my signature line either. That said, my goal is always to make my customers happy and I think when you see a lot of people buying from threads (Flaming Telepath, October etc) that's all the information you need to know about whether that's a good buyer. For newer sellers, there seems to be a slow and steady build up in credibility.

I think the probation list is great, but short of that, I think this is all unnecessary layers of things that accomplish very little... but if people want it, then I certainly don't oppose it either.

(shrug)

I'll do it. I'm brave. I can even...for a small fee, of course...leave proxy negative feedback for others.

"Sal sucks at grading, his packing stinks, and he smells like doo doo!"

See? Piece of cake.

A thread for each one of them is going to be six, seven or eight pages of threads.

If you alphabetize the feedback forum by user name it would be very easy to search.

(BTW, I think I'd like to change my user name to AAA_MrBedrock :gossip: )

I'm imagining that the best effect is an easy way for new buyers to understand who the more known sellers are. This would happen because:

1. Sellers would want to link to their feedback in their signature area - no searching, just follow the link.

2. Those who click the link get a pretty condensed view of the positive transactions of that person rather than having to accumulate a general sense of people by reading the kudos thread and trying to pick out the relevant feedback.

Even if a seller does not link a feedback thread for you (which I would then as a buyer treat as suspect), it would still be easier to search for that thread than to pick out a pattern from the kudos thread.

That's why I think the separate forum is a decent idea.

I'm avoiding the negative comments situation because I think that people will, in fact, get into long and arduous flame wars. To be honest, that kind of happens already, it just goes in the probation discussions. But I thought we'd try the kudos thing first.

This all sounds good to me. :applause:

A thread for each one of them is going to be six, seven or eight pages of threads.

If you alphabetize the feedback forum by user name it would be very easy to search.

(BTW, I think I'd like to change my user name to AAA_MrBedrock :gossip: )

Funny, I was thinking of changing mine to AAAA_frankbearss :whistle: