• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Comic Characters Did You Dress Up As For Halloween While Growing Up?

34 posts in this topic

With Halloween coming, I was wondering if any boardies dressed up as their favorite comic characters growing up while trick 'r treating and had some pics they might want to share.

...and do you still dress up to some extent or just the kiddies.

For me...

My first year in 1975: I was a cat(probably why I am a cat lover now, lol ).

halloween1975.jpg

1976: I was Andy from Raggedy Ann and Andy(where those dolls or cartoons, hm ).

halloween1976.jpg

1977: I guess I inherited my sisters costume, so I was Snoopy(comic strip/comic).

Halloween1977.jpg

1978: I was Spiderman.

halloween1978-2.jpg

1979: I was The Hulk(my mask broke though).

halloween1979-1.jpg

1980: I was Godzilla(Marvel licensed). :acclaim:

halloween1980.jpg

1981: I was Darth Vader(gotta love Marvel Comics licensing).

halloween1981.jpg

1982: I was The Thing(not the John Carpenter one from that year).

halloween1982.jpg

1983: I was terrorist(with untied shoelaces). :eyeroll:

halloween1983.jpg

1984: I was Dracula(Another Marvel guy).

halloween1984.jpg

1985: I was Dr. Who(Jon Pertwee Doctor).

halloween1985.jpg

1986: I was Dr. Who again(Technically, Marvel did the Tom Baker version). :rulez:

halloween1986.jpg

My final year in 1987: I was Sledge Hammer.

halloween1987-1.jpg

I didn't.

My parents threw out my comics every chance they could. The one time I dressed up, I went to school for Hallowe'en once as the Hulk but the ripped pajamas I wore were see-through and the kids made fun of my polka dot underwear the entire day at school.

Thanks for posting those pics and making me weep like a chafing DiceX.

:insane:

I didn't.

My parents threw out my comics every chance they could. The one time I dressed up, I went to school for Hallowe'en once as the Hulk but the ripped pajamas I wore were see-through and the kids made fun of my polka dot underwear the entire day at school.

Thanks for posting those pics and making me weep like a chafing DiceX.

:insane:

I only chaff because I don't wear polka dot underwear, pansy.

Cool thread.

Let's see...comic characters?

Batman and Superman. The Superman costume came with a mask like the Lone Ranger would have worn. I refused to wear it. After all, Supes didn't wear a mask. Why should I?

Others...Spock from Star Trek and (remember this one?) Scott Tracy from the British kids sci-fi show Thunderbirds.

In 1991 (first grade!) I was Batman. My Bat-belt broke and I cried the whole day because of it.

Around 1998 I was Sailor Neptune.

Around 2008 I was Batgirl.

This year I don't know what I'm going to dress up as.

rantrant Pictures?

My memory is getting foggy, but I know I was Superman, Batman, Spider-Man and the Phantom for Halloween when I was very young(via either the Ben Cooper or Collegeville costumes). When I was around 9, I started to prefer dressing as one of the Universal Monsters for Halloween instead of as a superhero so I got cheap knockoffs of the Frankenstein and Wolfman masks advertised in Famous Monsters(I could never afford the expensive Don Post masks, which I really wanted when I was a kid).

Great pictures Jerel!

I couldn't remember what all I dressed up as besides a Chicago Bears football player.

My son has dressed up as Spiderman and Superman.

We have yet to pick out costumes for this year, but my youngest daughter already said she wants to be Supergirl. My wife is not agreeing with that so much. She wants her to be something cute.