• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buy a $1,000 book, get a five year old polybag.

151 posts in this topic

eh, It doesn't matter what any one says the value is.

If it ended at $635 on eBay and was listed properly, $635 was fair market value, per the listing.

Actually, ignoring the potential for shilling, I'd say that slabs sold through an auction format on eBay go for fair market value.

However, raw books go for 'eBay value', which is generally a lot less than FMV.

eh, It doesn't matter what any one says the value is.

If it ended at $635 on eBay and was listed properly, $635 was fair market value, per the listing.

Actually, ignoring the potential for shilling, I'd say that slabs sold through an auction format on eBay go for fair market value.

However, raw books go for 'eBay value', which is generally a lot less than FMV.

I have to agree Nick! (thumbs u

BTW, I send books that cost 1 to 3K to CGC bagged and boarded. I have actually never purchased a mylar or mylites for my raw books.

Quite often collections come in the store that are thirty + years old and aren't in bags at all.

Sometimes they include books that are worth a thousand or more. This thread has made me see the light.

From now on I won't be buying any books that aren't in perfect new mylars.

Even if they are slabbed.

Please read the following with requisite double entendre:

Any time you allow someone into your shop, you should be sure their goods are bagged. Perhaps double bagged even.

Quite often collections come in the store that are thirty + years old and aren't in bags at all.

Sometimes they include books that are worth a thousand or more. This thread has made me see the light.

Would you sell the book in the same crappy bag?

If you paid 650 for it, shouldn't the thread say "Buy a $1,000 book for $650, get a five year old polybag"?

If somebody wanted it in the same crappy bag I'd happily sell it in the same crappy bag.

Agreed because I rebag everything anyway.

Here you go! I always rebag what I buy and assume most collectors that buy books over 5 dollars worth will do the same.

If a book is already sent in a mylite or mylar, I'm going to guess that most collectors don't replace those.

I still do, maybe crazy, but it seems most times the mylar is a recycled one with scratches, so I replace it. :)

Should'nt the thread be "How awesome is this I got a 1000.00 book for 650.00"

Why is the Mylar bag the issue? You got the book in one piece,right?Looks good,right?Put the thing in a new Mylar and be done with it. (shrug)

Whoever the seller is should package books better though.Sorry for getting in the middle of your thread.

I'm starting to worry about how many Mylar bags are going into landfill.

The things don't degrade :eek:

Imagine future generations excavating landfill and trying to decipher the code from one of Harley Yee's old used mylars.

If somebody wanted it in the same crappy bag I'd happily sell it in the same crappy bag.

He didn't want the same crappy bag. He wanted a new 0.50 Mylar. So there.

I don't entirely get the issue over the bag myself and would have been concerned with the shipping method more. Each his own.

Would this thread exist if it was sent in a crappy old 0.50 Mylar?

Yes it would, but I would have focused more on sending a book like this in an envelope.

Yes it would, but I would have focused more on sending a book like this in an envelope.

I once got a Showcase 4 in the mail in one of those clasped brown envelopes with no bag or backing board. Just stupid.

But somehow the darn thing arrived safe and sound.

I dunno, I can't speak for the OP . You have to ask him . All I know is he said he felt the book deserves a Mylar. Some may argue it needs a slab. (shrug)

If I went into your store and purchased a $1000 book (in a krappy ploy bag) for $650 would you you place it in krappy Mylar if I asked? :screwy:

This is pizzing me off. A few of you are being :spoon: holes. The selling price has absolutley nothing to do with the point! The seller gave him a somewhat expensive book in a priority envelope! Ridiculous, stop derailing the effing thread already.

Just out the damned seller already. Lets really set this powder keg off!

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger.

If I went into your store and purchased a $1000 book (in a krappy ploy bag) for $650 would you you place it in krappy Mylar if I asked? :screwy:

If you spent $650 in my store you could get any kind of bag you wanted.

I have 20 year old bags that look just like the ones I bought this year hm

Do you keep $1,000 books in them?

I do.

I hate mylars. Hate them. Far too much chance for damage on the hard plastic edge.

I concur (thumbs u

How about this kind:

MassengillExtraMildVinegarWaterDisposableDouche4ct..jpg

...?

This is pizzing me off. A few of you are being :spoon: holes. The selling price has absolutley nothing to do with the point! The seller gave him a somewhat expensive book in a priority envelope! Ridiculous, stop derailing the effing thread already.

Just out the damned seller already. Lets really set this powder keg off!

The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger.

Ignore him. He's talking about a priority envelope when this thread is clearly about bags.

How about this kind:

MassengillExtraMildVinegarWaterDisposableDouche4ct..jpg

...?

He never said a thing about personal stock.......... :insane: