• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculating on Moderns

94 posts in this topic

I LOVE IT! Another,one of these individuals_without_any_brains websites! Only letting you read what THEY let you read. Let their "high count poster boys" post whatever THEY want to and it's OK.

Let their "boys" try to sabotage somebody else's thread that THEY have no care about & nothing to do with,and it's OK!! Anybody else that doesn't see things the way THEY see it,gets the boot or the muzzle. God Bless America!!

59252_1363726705002_1586645207_30832737_907957_n.jpg

It's just strange to hear people talking "out loud" about speculating on moderns.

Maybe none of these people were around in 1992-1993 when the downfall started to really roll, but speculators in the modern area were what just about killed this hobby, and led to the closure of thousands of comic shops around the country.

It was a really dark time in comics and it took almost a decade for it to recover.

It's that whole "Learn from history or be doomed to repeat it" thing that I've heard about.

I LOVE IT! Another,one of these individuals_without_any_brains websites! Only letting you read what THEY let you read. Let their "high count poster boys" post whatever THEY want to and it's OK.

Let their "boys" try to sabotage somebody else's thread that THEY have no care about & nothing to do with,and it's OK!! Anybody else that doesn't see things the way THEY see it,gets the boot or the muzzle. God Bless America!!

59252_1363726705002_1586645207_30832737_907957_n.jpg

lol

:roflmao:

It's just strange to hear people talking "out loud" about speculating on moderns.

Maybe none of these people were around in 1992-1993 when the downfall started to really roll, but speculators in the modern area were what just about killed this hobby, and led to the closure of thousands of comic shops around the country.

It was a really dark time in comics and it took almost a decade for it to recover.

It's that whole "Learn from history or be doomed to repeat it" thing that I've heard about.

Quiet, you! You're just trying to keep people from scalping an honest buck! Shame on you!

(tsk)

test, test...1 2 3...test...~ ahem ~...

SPECULATING ON BRAND NEW COMICS NEARLY DESTROYED THE ***ENTIRE*** COMICS INDUSTRY, A BLOW FROM WHICH IT HAS ***NEVER*** RECOVERED.

This PSA has been brought to you as a service by the Concerned Comic Collectors Who Were Around In The 1990's And Remember The Crash of America. It in no way represents the opinions of CGC or any of its employees.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Quiet, you! You're just trying to keep people from scalping an honest buck! Shame on you!

(tsk)

In that vein, I have a couple of cases of Turok #1 and/or Lady Death #1 (with coupon still intact for 1/2 off a breast enhancement procedure), you are interested.

(tsk)

In that vein, I have a couple of cases of Turok #1 and/or Lady Death #1 (with coupon still intact for 1/2 off a breast enhancement procedure), you are interested.

Lady Death #1...?

The original #1...?

I wish you weren't kidding. I love that book.

:cloud9:

Turok #1, though....pass.

:sick:

(tsk)

Whaddaya think, should I post my PSA in "that other thread"...?

I find it beyond hilarious that a comic retailer, who has an obvious conflict of interest, and who has a history of negotiating variant reprints of notoriously tough and pricey books, has started a "here, let's talk about what will be worth $$$$ even before it hits the shelves!"

I mean, are people just THAT greedy...?

Yes. Yes they are.

(tsk)

Whaddaya think, should I post my PSA in "that other thread"...?

I find it beyond hilarious that a comic retailer, who has an obvious conflict of interest, and who has a history of negotiating variant reprints of notoriously tough and pricey books, has started a "here, let's talk about what will be worth $$$$ even before it hits the shelves!"

I mean, are people just THAT greedy...?

Yes. Yes they are.

You just made Larry's list :ohnoez: