• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Skullkickers Appreciation

104 posts in this topic

I know it's a day early BUT I did read #0 online and I really enjoyed it. I am really interested to see the storyline and development of the characters for this.

I called a few LCS in my area and they all said that they don't think that they will have any copies except for those who preordered for their pull box. So get these while u can, if you can.

The art for #0 was fantastic, but as far as I know, Chris Stevens will only be on cover duty on the actual series. That sucks. Anyways, I am really looking forward to this book tomorrow!

>>Hoping my LCS will reserve one for me<<

Why on earth would they not? you're such a sweet loyal guy.

It's not like you have ALLREADY tried to take your business elsewhere.

FYI. I just read it. It's OK. JUST OK

The interior art does NOT match the covers.

I don't get it.

Larry

I don't get it.

Larry

Thread Carping anyone?? :jokealert:

Anyways. I just saw the preview to issue # 1 and the art has that Invincible/Wolfman (Ottley/Howard) feel to it! Most shops only got one copy, or just the 50/50 splitt. As far as Stumptown, the series never reall took off. Judgning from the five page preview I think this has total potential. Will it be the NEXT big thing? Who knows. But you bet your arse I'm giving this one the :thumbsup:

I don't get it.

Larry

Not as easy as it sounds Larry. I called every damn store in my city and everyone said they only ordered one copy. The most I heard was that they ordered 3 because people requested it.

Guess their speculating eyes weren't open on this one.

I don't get it.

Larry

Not as easy as it sounds Larry. I called every damn store in my city and everyone said they only ordered one copy. The most I heard was that they ordered 3 because people requested it.

same kind of outcome I've had out here in Chicagoland. I wish I could get atleast 1 copy of it so I could check it out. :(

My store ordered 5, but when I called them on Monday they were all reserved :pullhair:

But, I was able to manage 1 from another store I don't frequent (might have to start though).

This book was NOT heavily ordered, besides by the Beguiling (sp?), in Toronto, where they're having an in store signing with the artist I think? Anyways, spec is they ordered mucho heavy, like 500+++.

Good luck tomorrow everyone!

Jay

I don't get it.

Larry

same kind of outcome I've had out here in Chicagoland. I wish I could get atleast 1 copy of it so I could check it out. :(

On Monday, I stopped by the local shop where I have a pull list and asked the owner to pull 2 copies of each cover for me. He said he would check to see what they were getting in and he would call me. Since he hadn't called me back by this evening, I called him. He said he was only getting one copy and he would pull it for me. I just checked on eBay and saw 4 copies being sold by my local store with an opening bid of 7.99 each. :frustrated:

Yea this is pretty nutty. I don't think I have ever seen a modern become so hard to get BEFORE it comes out. The last modern I can think of that was hyped like crazy was Chew, and my LCS had a good amount on the shelf when they it came out.

I don't get it.

Larry

On Monday, I stopped by the local shop where I have a pull list and asked the owner to pull 2 copies of each cover for me. He said he would check to see what they were getting in and he would call me. Since he hadn't called me back by this evening, I called him. He said he was only getting one copy and he would pull it for me. I just checked on eBay and saw 4 copies being sold by my local store with an opening bid of 7.99 each. :frustrated:

man, thats cold!!!

I don't get it.

Larry

man, thats cold!!!

There's one store down and a point for DCBS(I ordered 1). I know my local store didn't order any...hoping Hastings ordered some...if so, I will hook up readers on Friday...

Yea this is pretty nutty. I don't think I have ever seen a modern become so hard to get BEFORE it comes out. The last modern I can think of that was hyped like crazy was Chew, and my LCS had a good amount on the shelf when they it came out.

Chew wasn't hyped like crazy BEFORE it came out. It received the word of mouth (not hype) it deserved after people read it. Chew started strong and hasn't let up at all.

This book is being hyped before people get a chance to read even the first issue. The preview pages didn't do much for me at all. Seeing them sequentially, it seems maybe a bit better and the art may be growing on me a bit. Seeing that this is a Fantasy type book is a turn off for me.

To me, this book seems more along the lines of Viking. That book got alot of hype, but did nothing because it was hyped and not based on a quality story.

I plan to do what I usually do. Buy one copy to read. If I really, really like it and it hits me like Chew or Morning Glories, I'll see if I can buy more. If it's poop on pages, I'll just regret buying the one copy.

I don't get it.

Larry

man, thats cold!!!

There's one store down and a point for DCBS(I ordered 1). I know my local store didn't order any...hoping Hastings ordered some...if so, I will hook up readers on Friday...

(worship)

I don't get it.

Larry

man, thats cold!!!

(worship)

:hi::hi:^^:whee:(worship)

I don't get it.

Larry

Check out the "Speculating in Modern Comics" thread...

;)