• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I have a selling question...

13 posts in this topic

I have several modern comics I am thinking about selling and am looking for some advice on how to sell them. Should I sell them in small lots or big runs? I was thinking big runs but the shipping would be a lot. I am not up to date on modern comics and am not sure where to price them at so any help would be appreciated. The lots I have that I plan on selling are:

New Avengers #1-64

Mighty Avengers #1-36

Fantastic Four #496-578

Daredevil #45-103 and #500-506

Web Of Spider-Man #1-128

Spider-Man (Mcfarlane) #1-98

Amazing Spider-Man vol 2 #1-58

and

Amazing Spider-Man #500-633

all the comics are in NM or better with most being better, NM/M

also thinking about selling my Iron Man #128-300 run, though some of these are not modern and the earlier issues are VF/NM or so.

Do people around here have interest in lots like this and this size or should I try ebay? Thanks again for any reply's and help.

I have no idea what to charge for shipping....I guess I should weigh them up and get quotes at the post office.

media mail or parcel post about $3 to $5 in the USA. I spring an extra 80 cents a lot for a delivery confirmation so you can cover yourself with paypal.

Considering the base price for parcel post is $4.90 (and that's for a 1 lbs package), I'd say you're pretty fair off the mark here. Parcel post is zoned as well - the cost is dependent on both weight and distance.

Media mail is a flat rate based on weight - it's much, much cheaper than Parcel post.

I have no idea what to charge for shipping....I guess I should weigh them up and get quotes at the post office.

media mail or parcel post about $3 to $5 in the USA. I spring an extra 80 cents a lot for a delivery confirmation so you can cover yourself with paypal.

Considering the base price for parcel post is $4.90 (and that's for a 1 lbs package), I'd say you're pretty fair off the mark here. Parcel post is zoned as well - the cost is dependent on both weight and distance.

Media mail is a flat rate based on weight - it's much, much cheaper than Parcel post.

I am an active trader on paperbackswap.com and have had cases where First Class was cheaper. I believe it was on a single thin paperback or something though. And when I ship on that site it's just a paperback wrapped in a single layer of computer paper, no frills in the packaging.

I am an active trader on paperbackswap.com and have had cases where First Class was cheaper. I believe it was on a single thin paperback or something though. And when I ship on that site it's just a paperback wrapped in a single layer of computer paper, no frills in the packaging.

The base price for media mail is $2.38 for a 1 lbs package - so, yeah, if you have a package that weighs less than 8 ounces, First Class mail is cheaper (at 8 oz the First Class price jumps up to $2.41).

I have several modern comics I am thinking about selling and am looking for some advice on how to sell them. Should I sell them in small lots or big runs? I was thinking big runs but the shipping would be a lot. I am not up to date on modern comics and am not sure where to price them at so any help would be appreciated. The lots I have that I plan on selling are:

New Avengers #1-64

Mighty Avengers #1-36

Fantastic Four #496-578

Daredevil #45-103 and #500-506

Web Of Spider-Man #1-128

Spider-Man (Mcfarlane) #1-98

Amazing Spider-Man vol 2 #1-58

and

Amazing Spider-Man #500-633

all the comics are in NM or better with most being better, NM/M

also thinking about selling my Iron Man #128-300 run, though some of these are not modern and the earlier issues are VF/NM or so.

Do people around here have interest in lots like this and this size or should I try ebay? Thanks again for any reply's and help.

PM me a price. ;-)