• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculating on Moderns that are going to heat up BEFORE they ship THIS week.

591 posts in this topic

Kick- 2 #1 Excl. variant is up for sale at Ultimate Comics (Domestic) and Forbidden (Intl.). It's limited to 1500 copies. It's an ok cover... but for less then $10 bucks shipped.... great deal. Ordered one. Seems like a no brainer for us speculators. Ultimate burned A LOT of people on the Walking Dead 75 fiasco. They'll still sell them out though.

http://www.ultimatecomicsonline.com/?p=1243

seems like a solid buy

So are they printing 1500 for Ultimatecomics and 1500 for Forbidden Planet or 2 different covers?

I think Campbell's Black Cat Cover on ASM 607 may be the best modern cover I have seen in a very long time.

No way! The best modern cover is Campbells ASM 601 cover. Easy.

Sorry not a huge MJ fan. It dont scream sexy like the 607 cover does. Can I get a hell yeah?

I like that cover alot too, but I would've given you a "hell yeah" if the Black Cat's head was in the right spot. Look at it again. It's a fantastic cover and a great idea, but the anatomy on it is terrible. Off the charts bad almost like the Liefield Cap with boobs.

I'm a really big fan of the recent Quesada MJ covers from Omit. I particularly like the one where she is screaming and the one where she is sleeping with Spidey looking over her. Great stuff.

I personally abhor the existence of Marvel's Ultimate line.

I believe it confuses customers and dilutes their talent pool.

But Damn!

I want this:

ultimatethor1c.jpg

Larry

I do like that cover.

I know it is a little soon, but what's the thoughts on the upcoming John Byrne's Next Men series coming out from IDW?

Woth going after, or long past when it would have made a difference in the market?

I know it is a little soon, but what's the thoughts on the upcoming John Byrne's Next Men series coming out from IDW?

Woth going after, or long past when it would have made a difference in the market?

I had thought it was just reprinting the material from DH? Even with that said, as a SPECULATOR, not a shop owner or what have you, absolute waste of your money even in .25 boxes...

I had thought it was just reprinting the material from DH? Even with that said, as a SPECULATOR, not a shop owner or what have you, absolute waste of your money even in .25 boxes...

The Previews that came out Wednesday said "The series ended on a cliffhanger--were the Next Men really about to be eaten by a dinosaur?-and now, after fifteen years, the answers will be finally revealed!"

Although, it tanked at this weekend's box-office. I'm speculating this December release is gonna be big.

It's the comic prequel to the Hollywood remake, Let Me In.

LetMeIn1.jpg

LetMeIn3.jpg

...a sample page.

LetMeIn2.jpg

Let The Right One In(the original) is my most favorite movie of all time and it has a rabid fan base already.

DSC011761.jpg

The Previews that came out Wednesday said "The series ended on a cliffhanger--were the Next Men really about to be eaten by a dinosaur?-and now, after fifteen years, the answers will be finally revealed!"

The responses from everyone make a lot of sense. I'd love for Byrne to surprise us all with something amazing, but the shame is it seems to be over a decade too late.

By the way, here was the press release discussing this would be new material to wrap up the storyline.

as all but one issue of the original nextmen series are easy enough to find in the 50 cent box (is the last issue hard to find as well?), I don't see how this is going to be anything but an issue of interest to JB collectors/fans who are going to buy it when it comes out anyway, so no aftermarket. it's not like JB has been on a 10 year hiatus, he's been doing plenty of stuff over at DC.

as all but one issue of the original nextmen series are easy enough to find in the 50 cent box (is the last issue hard to find as well?), I don't see how this is going to be anything but an issue of interest to JB collectors/fans who are going to buy it when it comes out anyway, so no aftermarket. it's not like JB has been on a 10 year hiatus, he's been doing plenty of stuff over at DC.

And lots of Star Trek at IDW