• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speculating on Moderns that are going to heat up BEFORE they ship THIS week.

591 posts in this topic

Maybe he'll get Terry Austin to ink it and talk Mignola into another Hellboy appearance.

Are you kidding? JB needs no help from anyone. JB will ink it and you will worship the work.

I think Campbell's Black Cat Cover on ASM 607 may be the best modern cover I have seen in a very long time.

No way! The best modern cover is Campbells ASM 601 cover. Easy.

Sorry not a huge MJ fan. It dont scream sexy like the 607 cover does. Can I get a hell yeah?

AmazingSpiderMan607-706052.jpg

HELL YEAH!!! This one came out right about the time I started picking up comics again, and I totally dug the story with Peter being a little bit of a man-whore.

I think Campbell's Black Cat Cover on ASM 607 may be the best modern cover I have seen in a very long time.

Sorry not a huge MJ fan. It dont scream sexy like the 607 cover does. Can I get a hell yeah?

I like that cover alot too, but I would've given you a "hell yeah" if the Black Cat's head was in the right spot. Look at it again. It's a fantastic cover and a great idea, but the anatomy on it is terrible. Off the charts bad almost like the Liefield Cap with boobs.

I'm a really big fan of the recent Quesada MJ covers from Omit. I particularly like the one where she is screaming and the one where she is sleeping with Spidey looking over her. Great stuff.

Let me have the illusion damn you! :jokealert:

Maybe he'll get Terry Austin to ink it and talk Mignola into another Hellboy appearance.

Are you kidding? JB needs no help from anyone. JB will ink it and you will worship the work.

lol and you better have bathed... :grin:

I was at my LCS this weekend, picking up my pulls. I noticed a whole bunch of Scarlet #1, including all variants, on the shelf. It doesn't appear to be heating up on-line at least... but from what I read.. everyone's commenting about how good it is. Potential? I grabbed 1 copy of the reg cover.

I was at my LCS this weekend, picking up my pulls. I noticed a whole bunch of Scarlet #1, including all variants, on the shelf. It doesn't appear to be heating up on-line at least... but from what I read.. everyone's commenting about how good it is. Potential? I grabbed 1 copy of the reg cover.

I liked it for the read/art.

HELL YEAH!!! This one came out right about the time I started picking up comics again, and I totally dug the story with Peter being a little bit of a man-whore.

Why is her head sitting on her left shoulder?

I think the anatomy on that cover is really messed up.

Why are you looking at the head ? (shrug)

good ideas on that cover, but terrible execution. the head is in the wrong place and the legs just look weird, like the artist doesn't know how to draw that particular body position (and it isn't an easy one to draw from memory, freehand)

he should have taken a picture of a model in that pose and worked off that

good ideas on that cover, but terrible execution. the head is in the wrong place and the legs just look weird, like the artist doesn't know how to draw that particular body position (and it isn't an easy one to draw from memory, freehand)

he should have taken a picture of a model in that pose and worked off that

I think the neck is actually in the wrong place. If you move the neck and put it on the body properly it looks fine. The only problem then would be that she'd be facing the wrong way.

Overwhelmed packing cargo van for NYCC. Crazy.

I got nothing this week. Check my twitter feed starting Thursday for sassy NYCC status, market reports & Pictures.

Stop by booth #3106 to say hi, or to fist fight me. Whatever.

skullkickers_01_larrys.jpg

Respectfully

Larry Doherty

Larry's Wonderful, Wonderful World of Comics n such.

978-459-5323

larryscomicsinc@aol.com

http://larryscomics.net

http://facebook.com/larryscomics

http://twitter.com/larryscomics

banner-larrys.png