• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lulu 75

14 posts in this topic

Here's a nice copy of Little Lulu # 75...

Slight dust shadows along lower edge and lower half of right edge

A few non-color-breaking creases at spine

Back is pretty clean and tight, as second post illustrates...

What do you think this grades? There are no graded copies in the Census... 416095-Lilulu75-fc.jpg

416095-Lilulu75-fc.jpg.db68eca9d1c5f05a19dbac5b877b7808.jpg

7.5 or 8.0

Can I still order the rabbit's foot? confused.gif

Rabbit's foot not included mad.gif

Man, you guys are tough... I was thinking VF+ or so on this one...it sure looks nice in person crazy.gif

Thanks for the thoughts regardless, tho

It's a good looking book, with nice whites and colors.

I just think the creasing would keep the grade to VF or a tad lower.

In other words, a good pressing might bump this up a notch or two... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You didn't hear anything like that from me... gossip.gifwink.gif

7.5 or 8.0

Man, you guys are tough... I was thinking VF+ or so on this one...it sure looks nice in person crazy.gif

I would say 8.0-8.5. These high-grade enthusiasts spend all their time looking for one tiny spine break, that they've lost the ability to grade anything below a 9.2. tongue.gif

I'd give it an 8.0, maybe an 8.5. I am leaning toward the 8.0 because of the dust shadows. It's a beautiful book, and I especially like the corners. And as 8.0s go, it's a very attractive 8.0. thumbsup2.gif

The dust shadows are light enough that I wouldn't argue if it graded out at an 8.5. My personal opinion based on the scan is that it's probably an 8.0, but with book in hand, I might agree with your 8.5 grading call. I think it's important that none of the spine stresses break color and that the corners are as sharp as they are. It's a gorgeous book.

7.5 or 8.0

OT - Hey Garth, where do you buy new issues around here, or don't you read new books? I usually pick up my new comics at Brian's Books in Santa Clara (I go there every Saturday after my weekly round of golf in Sunnyvale), but I'd like to hear your thoughts on LCSs.