• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! michael scheer collection

105 posts in this topic

OK, after many, many years of putting up with this...

Would it ing kill you to post in English, with punctuation and stuff?

Like...oh, I don't know hm ...in comics themselves?

MOst excellent example of the QueeN's engliosh rite here- use of the American supposition "like" to start a sentence

MOst excellent example of the QueeN's engliosh rite here- use of the American supposition "like" to start a sentence

:o

Well, if you know better...do better. :baiting:

Eh, I can understand the occasional error / typo / etc. I spent three years as a high school English teacher and 5 years as a college English teacher (now full-time), so I guess a few mistakes here and there are less egregious to me than the numerous bastardizations I am inundated with in the papers I read on a daily basis. So, if it's pretty close to the mark, I tend not to stress on it. Shoot! I've made my fair share of typos now and then as well.

Total disregard for grammar though? Well...good luck being understood.

And I've always felt the 20% premium Heritage charges buyers HAS to weed out some potential bidders. On the other hand, there are many auction sites that charge a comparable fee OR have minimum bids to get participate in an auction (i.e. all bids start at $100 or more). Each auction house has its own rules so caveat emptor (or something like that :) )

Are you posting while 'catching a wave'?

If not, put some ing effort in. (tsk)

It is just a comic message board....I understood his post just fine. I really find no need for this comment. Not everyone can be like you.....

I kind of agree. If you're going to take the time to say something a little effort not only shows respect towards others, it shows taking pride in your own work.

Nau, I kanT waeet to C m4 buks!

What's up, doc?

a(\ /)

(>'.'<)

('')_(")

What a cute bunny, really I have never seen that before! lol

I'm not trying to start a big debate here I just disagree with FT's post, just my opinion...he understood the OP post just as well as I did. If he had no interest in his post/topic he could of kept his comments to himself....I don't want to lead this off topic so I will stop here. The X-Men books do look very nice! :headbang:

Unbelieveable condition! That X-Men 12 is to die for...I could see 20k.

Depends on how many there are. I see one on the census but I'm not sure if this is the one or if there is another.

If this is the only one, that's going to be a big book!

a(\ /)

(>'.'<)

('')_(")

What a cute bunny, really I have never seen that before! lol

My daughter signs her emails that way.

lol

I'm not trying to start a big debate here I just disagree with FT's post, just my opinion...he understood the OP post just as well as I did. If he had no interest in his post/topic he could of kept his comments to himself....I don't want to lead this off topic so I will stop here. The X-Men books do look very nice! :headbang:

I can see his point.

I don't mean this in a negative way but you can tell a lot about a person by the details that they take the time to care about.

Are you posting while 'catching a wave'?

If not, put some ing effort in. (tsk)

It is just a comic message board....I understood his post just fine. I really find no need for this comment. Not everyone can be like you.....

I kind of agree. If you're going to take the time to say something a little effort not only shows respect towards others, it shows taking pride in your own work.

Nau, I kanT waeet to C m4 buks!

What's up, doc?

a(\ /)

(>'.'<)

('')_(")

(_8(|)

(_8(o) <--D'oh!

(_8(|)

Eh, I can understand the occasional error / typo / etc. I spent three years as a high school English teacher and 5 years as a college English teacher (now full-time), so I guess a few mistakes here and there are less egregious to me than the numerous bastardizations I am inundated with in the papers I read on a daily basis. So, if it's pretty close to the mark, I tend not to stress on it. Shoot! I've made my fair share of typos now and then as well.

Call me hard- but any paper delivered to me has to contains proper grammar, style and no typos and be understandable. It's part of the grading scale of any written assignment and I will deduct points for typos, repeated words and the inevitable: it's / its, there / they're / their, then / than, you're / your, ... errors. Fair's fair, they were warned. :sumo:

I am only their instructor so the penalty is not too harsh, they should be happy I am not their boss as I would still insist on it for non-draft deliverables.

N.B.: They can spit on my grave all they want once I'm gone.

And I've always felt the 20% premium Heritage charges buyers HAS to weed out some potential bidders. On the other hand, there are many auction sites that charge a comparable fee OR have minimum bids to get participate in an auction (i.e. all bids start at $100 or more). Each auction house has its own rules so caveat emptor (or something like that :) )

I know this is off topic, but I am curious if you do see a lot more students who can't correctly formulate their thoughts on paper due to "slang" that has now become apart of their written language.