• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brock and Board, Where are we now? An Update........

491 posts in this topic

Would you have apologized if you hadn't gotten caught?

Not looking to defend myself. Just apologize. And I honestly dont know. I didnt realize what harm I was doing till it was done. I just figured out what a shill was 2 weeks ago for petes sake. I am sure I am not the only one on this board to ever make a dumb mistake, but whatever. Let the crucifiction continue.. I made it right with who it mattered and he has let it go..

Not looking to defend myself. Just apologize. And I honestly dont know. I didnt realize what harm I was doing till it was done. I just figured out what a shill was 2 weeks ago for petes sake. I am sure I am not the only one on this board to ever make a dumb mistake, but whatever. Let the crucifiction continue.. I made it right with who it mattered and he has let it go..

I am not one ta judge but be honest or bring a better game......

What you did was completely dishonest and is everything that is wrong with eBay. If you didn't see the harm before being caught and called out for it then your moral compass is truly off.

This wasn't just a dumb mistake. This was intentional deceit. You got caught and exposed and now you didn't know it was wrong. lol You knew it was wrong and I wonder who else you've done it to.

I was just curious. I'm not sure if I buy the deer in the headlights personna you seem to be selling. I assume you're a grown man and I also have to assume you know right from wrong. Nobody is perfect here, but sometimes no matter how much you apologize, you can't unring that bell.

I was just curious. I'm not sure if I buy the deer in the headlights personna you seem to be selling. I assume you're a grown man and I also have to assume you know right from wrong. Nobody is perfect here, but sometimes no matter how much you apologize, you can't unring that bell.

Too true.. I am not selling anything.. Just looking to make amends with who I wronged. I was not looking to get over on him or Alleybat him. I was just looking at my bottom line on a book I paid too much for and I made a poor judgement call. I was wrong and he has forgiven me of that wrong. Still does not change the mistake I made, but if I had done this repeatedly then wouldnt my ebay feedback be less than 100%? Also, I have had several transactions with board members that went smoothly. I am not justifying, just hoping that some can see that it was a 1 time mistake that I made and im looking to face it instead of running to a shill.

The thing is, we were all newbies at one time or another. We have all taken baths on sales. It had never occurred to me to back out of a deal like that and I'm sure the same goes for many others here. Especially when it's free to list at any price, why not just list it for the price you want? At any rate, I have a feeling a handful here will never trust you, but many will forget altogether.

And there are plenty of people that pull that stuff all the time and still maintain a 100% feedback :gossip: I know a habitual shiller that I continue to buy from and leave good feedback for because he's the only person on the PLANET that sells back issues to a small press UK comic I like :frustrated:

The thing is, we were all newbies at one time or another. We have all taken baths on sales. It had never occurred to me to back out of a deal like that and I'm sure the same goes for many others here. Especially when it's free to list at any price, why not just list it for the price you want? At any rate, I have a feeling a handful here will never trust you, but many will forget altogether.

And there are plenty of people that pull that stuff all the time and still maintain a 100% feedback :gossip: I know a habitual shiller that I continue to buy from and leave good feedback for because he's the only person on the PLANET that sells back issues to a small press UK comic I like :frustrated:

I agree and it wasnt something I had planned to do. I was brand new to comics and paid way to much in a bidding war for a book I thought was cool. I did not seek to steal from Nochips, I just saw a book I thought I could get my 85 dollars back out of sell for 20 and made a decision to keep it instead. I lied and it was wrong. I understand the distrust of other boardies, but I appreciate the members who waited to see if I would apologize before deciding my fate.. So again I am sorry to NoChips for the dishonesty and thank you to those boardies.

I agree and it wasnt something I had planned to do. I was brand new to comics and paid way to much in a bidding war for a book I thought was cool. I did not seek to steal from Nochips, I just saw a book I thought I could get my 85 dollars back out of sell for 20 and made a decision to keep it instead. I lied and it was wrong. I understand the distrust of other boardies, but I appreciate the members who waited to see if I would apologize before deciding my fate.. So again I am sorry to NoChips for the dishonesty and thank you to those boardies.

You screwed up, but it isn't easy to own up to that with the lynch mob around here (me included on this one). You will take some more shots before it dies down, but it will die down. Give it some time and keep everything above board from here on out and things will work out. You may have lost a chance with some boardies permanently, but if you become part of the community around here, you can rebuild a lot of trust.

I agree and it wasnt something I had planned to do. I was brand new to comics and paid way to much in a bidding war for a book I thought was cool. I did not seek to steal from Nochips, I just saw a book I thought I could get my 85 dollars back out of sell for 20 and made a decision to keep it instead. I lied and it was wrong.

Absslute bollocks. You're still lying. If you made a decision to keep it, how come you were hawking it round here for a much higher price just a few weeks later? It's amazing whenever someone is caught out how they always have to try to justify it somehow.

I agree and it wasnt something I had planned to do. I was brand new to comics and paid way to much in a bidding war for a book I thought was cool. I did not seek to steal from Nochips, I just saw a book I thought I could get my 85 dollars back out of sell for 20 and made a decision to keep it instead. I lied and it was wrong.

Absslute bollocks. You're still lying. If you made a decision to keep it, how come you were hawking it round here for a much higher price just a few weeks later? It's amazing whenever someone is caught out how they always have to try to justify it somehow.

Im not lying.. I admitted I lied to NoChips because for 20 bucks I wanted to keep it, but it was no longer in my realm of interest. I attempted to get out from under it again on here and yes my past transgression came to light. I had forgotten about it and listed it here. Im not disputing it was wrong so how am I justifying anything??

Im not lying.. I admitted I lied to NoChips because for 20 bucks I wanted to keep it, but it was no longer in my realm of interest. I attempted to get out from under it again on here and yes my past transgression came to light. I had forgotten about it and listed it here. Im not disputing it was wrong so how am I justifying anything??

Would you have listed it if you had known he was a member of the boards? Honestly...I think if you could go back and do this all over again, I think the only thing you would change is where you tried to sell this book. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

this is not so much a "rip off" as a "/skrew over". "rip off" implies taking money and not delivering as promised. either way, bad, "dog ate my homework" shenanigans and I guess a breach of an ebay contract. but a rip off implies some sort of criminality.

folks, if you aren't willing to get hosed selling a slab for less than the cost of encapsulation, put a darn reserve on the auction or start it at a less stressfull amount! saving a few pennies on auction fees will generate heartbreak down the road rather often. but for criminey sakes, this ain't a batman 1 where the auction went $15K less than anticipated and maybe you say "F-it, let him sue me over it, I need the dough" (not that I would advocate such a thing, but I can see it happening), it's a common book in a common grade. suck it up!

Would you have listed it if you had known he was a member of the boards? Honestly...I think if you could go back and do this all over again, I think the only thing you would change is where you tried to sell this book. I could be wrong, but that's the impression I get.

I understand that impression, but its not like im looking to screw everyone over to make money on my books. I made a poor newb decision listing it with no reserve not aware that I had overpaid. Then made a far worse decision to back out and refund his money. I offered NoChips the book and he no longer wants it. So there is nothing more I can do to rectify the situation. I made a mistake and i got caught, but im not sorry because I got caught. Im sorry because after becoming a member of the boards and learning all that I have that I should have let the book go instead of thinking I was super low balled and backing out.

As far as the people who dont understand why I did it over 40 dollars, I was super noob and hadnt even bought a Overstreet guide yet let alone known what GPA was. I had no idea what the book was worth and I saw it as my first big loss and made a poor choice. It didnt matter if it was 65 or 6500. I saw it as a big let down after watching the bids chase it up to 85 when I bought it, who knows.. I was probably shilled, but thats besides the point...I Made a bad decision..

I see that Brock has apologized.

Yes it doesn't excuse his actions, but perhaps we should give the noob a chance.

I'd like to hear what the OP has to say, after all he was the wronged party. If it is true that he has forgiven Broccoli then we perhaps as a community we should move on.

After all we have forgiven others much greater transgressions and at least he has the balls to apologise, admittedly after he was caught but facing the mob isn't easy.

Yes it doesn't excuse his actions, but perhaps we should give the noob a chance.

I'd like to hear what the OP has to say, after all he was the wronged party. If it is true that he has forgiven Broccoli then we perhaps as a community we should move on.

After all we have forgiven others much greater transgressions and at least he has the balls to apologise, admittedly after he was caught but facing the mob isn't easy.

I do give him credit for facing the mob. Personally, I can't imagine buying anything from him, though I would not condemn others for doing so.

I do give him credit for facing the mob. Personally, I can't imagine buying anything from him, though I would not condemn others for doing so.

Totally understandable, I just hope in time I can prove myself to be as reliable a seller as I have been a buyer on these boards. I do not blame the skeptics though.