• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At this moment I think CGC has lost my books!

103 posts in this topic

Anyone have any thoughts?

Yes. Chill out. Talk to Joe Pierson on Monday. Then post your concerns after that.

End of thread.

:eyeroll:

He won't be in the office until Tuesday.

End of thread.

Damn. Thread read fail.

lol

It's always easy to dismiss someone else's concerns over the internet...

Not really. I've had 5 figure books "disappear" for a few days or weeks (not with CGC, but you know, things happen) but the thing is that if you're patient there is usually an answer.

(thumbs u

Yes. Chill out. Talk to Joe Pierson on Monday. Then post your concerns after that.

End of thread.

End of thread.

Damn. Thread read fail.

lol

I wasn't dismissing any of your concerns (shrug)

Saying he won't be around until Tuesday and saying END OF THREAD seems like a dismissal to me. But I'm over it now, since it was more than 5 minutes ago.

It's just that when I put X amount of dollars into sketches and agreeing to pay for submissions, I am genuinely concerned when a month later, there's no info of my books having even been received. I don't appreciate comments like "Just wait", "call on Tuesday" - guys, I waited a month before I even called. And then to say "End of Thread" - it's NOT the end of the thread because nothing has changed and the issue hasn't been resolved.

That being said, I'm perfectly fine with waiting a couple more days to call and sort this out. The point of this thread was to share my concern and see if anyone else is going through this as well.

End of thread.

End of thread.

Damn. Thread read fail.

lol

I wasn't dismissing any of your concerns (shrug)

Saying he won't be around until Tuesday and saying END OF THREAD seems like a dismissal to me.

I was ragging Roy for not reading the thread properly.

It's easy to mistake people's intentions on the internet.

Thank goodness you didn't post this in the signature forum.

The tight azzes there would have deleted this thread by now.

xoxo

greggy

I submitted three books at San Diego, a first for me. They have yet to arrive and I have yet to check on status. My brother who has submitted before says a long wait time is par for the course so I haven't been too concerned although I suspect today I may try to look into status if you can do that on line.

As a first time submitter it does seem to take quite a long time but I figured I submitted in the middle of the heavy convention submission season and they were busy.

With a heavy workload and a busy family life the time goes by quick so I was surprised the other day when I realized it had been ten weeks. Hopefully the wait is over soon, if someone knows how to check the site against my invoice number, please let me know.

Oneasian, I hope your story has a happy ending. I'm sure it will work out.

and also, I'm not panicking - I'll wait until Monday. But I do want to know if anyone has experienced this before as well?

Yeah, sort of. They are more than likely sitting in a box or on someone's desk over looked and waiting to be entered in to the system.

I checked on some of my books that seemed to take forever to get entered into the system and this may be the case. Just talk to Joe about it when he gets back in town.

I would really be interested if someone could offer insight as to what has happened to my books

Please do provide us with an update after you have made a phone call on Tuesday.

This situation makes me wonder: What is the advantage of submitting books at a comic convention rather than by mailing them directly to the CGC offices?

I would really be interested if someone could offer insight as to what has happened to my books

Please do provide us with an update after you have made a phone call on Tuesday.

This situation makes me wonder: What is the advantage of submitting books at a comic convention rather than by mailing them directly to the CGC offices?

The cost of shipping, which can be significant with high value books you need to insure.