• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

At this moment I think CGC has lost my books!

103 posts in this topic

I am planning to submit some books at NYCC and I have to ask. Is this a common issue?

Personally I always either drive books down or mail them in. Obviously SS books have to be submitted at the show they are signed at or whoever does the private signing.

They have been processing a lot of SS books so unless you hear from Joe that the books are MIA I would not start panicking yet. Do you have a green copy of the submission form?

Just imagine if this had been PGX - some of you would have probably burned down Daniel's garage by now, but CGC pulls a boner and suddenly there's no problem at all.

You guys should really wash your noses.

You should quit trying to stir up controversy where, for the moment, there isn't any. Until Raphe talks to Joe at CGC, there isn't any other course of action to take. You're just being an for the sake of being an . Furthermore, any board memeber dumb enough to do business with PGX gets what they deserve.

+1

If you think PGX isn't deserving of the flak they get, Vince, please feel free to do business with them.

One of the things that concerns me is how a box of books can be left "sitting on a desk", while other shows happen at later dates, and those books get put through without delay. What about my books that were submitted a month before someone elses, but that someone else gets their books way ahead of me? I'm still waiting to call tomorrow, but this is something that definitely annoys me.

If I submit books a month before someone else at a show where CGC is present, while someone else mails in their submissions a week after a show that happens two weeks after the show I was at, logic would say that I should get my books back first.

That other person is having their books graded ahead of mine, and mine aren't even in the system yet despite my books being submitted directly to CGC.

One of the things that concerns me is how a box of books can be left "sitting on a desk", while other shows happen at later dates, and those books get put through without delay. What about my books that were submitted a month before someone elses, but that someone else gets their books way ahead of me? I'm still waiting to call tomorrow, but this is something that definitely annoys me.

If I submit books a month before someone else at a show where CGC is present, while someone else mails in their submissions a week after a show that happens two weeks after the show I was at, logic would say that I should get my books back first.

That other person is having their books graded ahead of mine, and mine aren't even in the system yet despite my books being submitted directly to CGC.

Did you pay Express?

At the risk of being labeled a CGC apologist, which I probably am, my advice to you, Raph, is not get excited about this until it is time to get excited. Until you speak with Joe, there is no way of knowing whether there is a problem or not.

You are not the only one with speed of processing issues. They are still plowing through a heavy con season. My SD Econs still are not even scheduled for grading yet, despite some people already having had theirs back (non-fast track). I don't have my ECL books back, despite other people having posted theirs already, and the one that concerns me the most (but not enough to start a thread about it) is that I don't have my books from DragonCon even listed as received, yet. :eek: They are most likely on one of the facilitators invoices.

I have probably had 50 submissions on my own and many, many more subbed through Witnesses and facilitators in the last three years. Most have gone without a hitch, sometimes there have been delays, but CGC has always communicated well and worked everything through.

No business is perfect, so there may be a problem with your order. But Joe Pierson and Paul Litch will work hard to figure out what is up, and I will remain hopeful that your books are just fine.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Yes. Chill out. Talk to Joe Pierson on Monday. Then post your concerns after that.

End of thread.

:eyeroll:

He won't be in the office until Tuesday.

End of thread.

:eyeroll:

did you come up with that all by yourself or see it on page 1?

Yes I was referencing one of your posts, if you'd have read a little further you'd have noticed. Don't worry, it's not something I intend making a habit of.

Raph, it does happen. I recently had a SS nightmare with two mega-keys that got signed by the wrong creator. Though it was awful and disheartening, I can tell you that CGC owned up to it and have been working to replace the books. I guess long story short, mistakes happen, it's how those mistakes are resolved that separates a good company from a bad.

Raph, it does happen. I recently had a SS nightmare with two mega-keys that got signed by the wrong creator. Though it was awful and disheartening, I can tell you that CGC owned up to it and have been working to replace the books. I guess long story short, mistakes happen, it's how those mistakes are resolved that separates a good company from a bad.

Wow...can you imagine having an AF15 signed by the likes of a Peter David instead of Stan Lee! :o

Wow...can you imagine having an AF15 signed by the likes of a Peter David instead of Stan Lee! :o

I actually had something similar except it was a DD1 and a JIM83.

Patience is a virue, so is overreacting. I'm sure everything is fine. Once you speak to the appropriate personal, I'm sure your problem will be resolved.

Yup. Once I talked to Joe and Harshen, the wheels started turning towards resolution. My point was, though CGC can and will make mistakes. I have yet to hear of a time that they didn't make good. My issue is still a work in progress, but I have no doubt that they'll be resolved.

I would think that, like any customer service oriented business, CGC would want to expidite your books once the issue is discovered.

CGC still has two key books of mine for CGC SS from the wonder con. :ohnoez: relax. :whistle:

You too? I thought I was the only one. Hopefully, my B&B 28 & JLA 1 finally got signed this past weekend. :wishluck: