• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Director of 300 and Watchmen to direct the new Superman

50 posts in this topic

Anything has to be better than the last Superman. I almost fell asleep during it. They already used Zod in the 70's Superman and made Zod a joke in the newer Smallville run using the Dead Like Me reaper as the General.

I hear this a lot, but at the time of the film's release, it received well above-average critical acclaim and scored quite well at the box office. I enjoyed it myself...any CGI that showed a Superman performing actual superhuman-seeming feats would've been enough for me. If you fell asleep during the sequence linked below, I demand that you turn in your guy card IMMEDIATELY. :sumo:

Best part of Superman Returns was Kevin Spacey making a shiv out of Kryptonite and putting it in Kal-El's back. Emphasizing that Lex Luthor had spent a little time in prison.

Or the machine gun to Superman's eye scene.

Or the scene where he caught Kitty's car.

Or the AWESOMELY-done opening credit sequence paying homage to Donner's old swooping text sequence for the original Superman films.

Or the scene where we saw a juvenile Clark Kent jumping over cornfields.

Or the scene where Lex got the dying widow to sign her will over to him and then dropped his toupe onto that little girl. :)

Or when he lifted the boat that had snapped in half out of the water.

Or when they showed him hovering over the earth using his super-hearing to listen for trouble globally and swooping down to help.

Or when he was flying around Metropolis using his heat-ray vision, cold breath, strength, and speed to save people from earthquake damage and rubble.

Lots of enjoyable parts to it. Lots of kinda-boring parts too. I skip to the cool action stuff when I watch the DVD just like I do with the first Hulk film. :cool:

Or the machine gun to Superman's eye scene.

Or the scene where he caught Kitty's car.

Or the AWESOMELY-done opening credit sequence paying homage to Donner's old swooping text sequence for the original Superman films.

Or the scene where we saw a juvenile Clark Kent jumping over cornfields.

Or the scene where Lex got the dying widow to sign her will over to him and then dropped his toupe onto that little girl. :)

Or when he lifted the boat that had snapped in half out of the water.

Or when they showed him hovering over the earth using his super-hearing to listen for trouble globally and swooping down to help.

Or when he was flying around Metropolis using his heat-ray vision, cold breath, strength, and speed to save people from earthquake damage and rubble.

Lots of enjoyable parts to it. Lots of kinda-boring parts too. I skip to the cool action stuff when I watch the DVD just like I do with the first Hulk film. :cool:

Sounds like a boring movie.

:eyeroll:

I was actually okay with the film, though I wish it could have had more villains.

Sounds like a boring movie.

Comic book fans are surprisingly and bafflingly blase when it comes to movies made from comics. Most of the films--even the awful ones like Elektra or Catwoman--blow away the vast majority of the comic book scripts throughout the history of comics, which makes sense given the comparatively large amount of time, money, and effort spent on screenplays.

I was extremely disappointed with Superman Returns. The child out of wedlock put me over the edge.

Were you just as outraged by Superman 2 having Lois and Clark shack up to create that child...or does that movie get a pass because you were younger back then?

I was extremely disappointed with Superman Returns. The child out of wedlock put me over the edge.

Were you just as outraged by Superman 2 having Lois and Clark shack up to create that child...or does that movie get a pass because you were younger back then?

To be honest, I don't even remember a child being conceived in that movie.

I'm not arguing whether premarital sex, or having children out of wedlock, is right or wrong. Everyone has a different set of values and morals that guide their life.

I guess I like the character of Superman, and the idea of Superman, best when the choices he makes don't conflict with any kind of religious or moral questioning of character.

Personal preference, of course, but that is a reason I didn't like the most recent installment of Superman.

I'm not arguing whether premarital sex, or having children out of wedlock, is right or wrong. Everyone has a different set of values and morals that guide their life.

I guess I like the character of Superman, and the idea of Superman, best when the choices he makes don't conflict with any kind of religious or moral questioning of character.

Personal preference, of course, but that is a reason I didn't like the most recent installment of Superman.

Yeah dude, they had some sex in Superman 2.

Clark couldn't shed his powers fast enough to hop into the sack with Lois!!! :banana: Donner left it open as to whether or not Clark was wearing a red, yellow, and blue condom with an "S" on it... (shrug)

__extra_61-Superman-II-1.jpg

Anything has to be better than the last Superman. I almost fell asleep during it. They already used Zod in the 70's Superman and made Zod a joke in the newer Smallville run using the Dead Like Me reaper as the General.

I hear this a lot, but at the time of the film's release, it received well above-average critical acclaim and scored quite well at the box office. I enjoyed it myself...any CGI that showed a Superman performing actual superhuman-seeming feats would've been enough for me. If you fell asleep during the sequence linked below, I demand that you turn in your guy card IMMEDIATELY. :sumo:

It was the slow Lois Lane slow kid plot that killed it for me. I just watched Dark Knight again. That movie was awesome.

It was the slow Lois Lane slow kid plot that killed it for me. I just watched Dark Knight again. That movie was awesome.

The Dark Knight replaced Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as my favorite movie ever. :cloud9::banana:

The Dark Knight replaced Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade as my favorite movie ever. :cloud9::banana:

DK was a good movie, but let's not get carried away! You have good taste - Indiana Jones and Last Crusade are still my favorite movies.

DK was a good movie, but let's not get carried away! You have good taste - Indiana Jones and Last Crusade are still my favorite movies.

isn't that one movie?