• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Gator ain't about no japanese pocket monsters. ;)

But is Gator about big, giant, city-smashing Japanese monsters?

('cause those things are really cool)

:cloud9:

I do carry Godzilla (thumbs u

You're strong!

It's all of those Coke Zero's he drinks.

Gator ain't about no japanese pocket monsters. ;)

But is Gator about big, giant, city-smashing Japanese monsters?

('cause those things are really cool)

:cloud9:

I do carry Godzilla (thumbs u

You're strong!

It's all of those Coke Zero's he drinks.

Godzilla drinks coke zero? Hmmmph - I knew that!

Did you ever post your market report?
no, actually I didn't...

I talked to JC at gemstone/ospg and he even offered to post it in a scoop update...it was just a simple accidental omission on the guides part...

so, I am going to incorportate some into the 2012 report, and the rest will remain a mystery (outdated and irrlevant at this point) lol

Is it true that you were the runner up to be The Most Interesting Man in the World but lost by his beard?

My inability to grow facial hair to any substantial degree might have been a consideration hm

Gator,

In the OPG Superboy #27 has the comment "limited distribution". Do you have any idea how many copies of this book might still exist? hm

(I was fortunate to have been given a copy as a gift many years ago.)

low distribution doesn't necessarily equate to "less copies today"... 27 is a relatively common 1953 book...there are almost always 6-10 copies readily available in the marketplace, and that is just searching the "tip" of the iceberg...

in my experience, I have actually found issue 26 to be much scarcer than 27, yet no "limited" notation is made... that said, the actual reason for the OSPG notation of limited distibution on issue 27 is beyond my recollection, but there is nothing "limited" about its availability today (thumbs u

also keep in mind that most early 1950's superhero books are scarce , but my guess is there were as many 27's released/produced, as the surrounding issues ...maybe the ending of the korean war afffected distribution (shrug)

Gator,

In the OPG Superboy #27 has the comment "limited distribution". Do you have any idea how many copies of this book might still exist? hm

low distribution doesn't necessarily equate to "less copies today"... 27 is a relatively common 1953 book...there are almost always 6-10 copies readily available in the marketplace, and that is just searching the "tip" of the iceberg...

in my experience, I have actually found issue 26 to be much scarcer than 27, yet no "limited" notation is made... that said, the actual reason for the OSPG notation of limited distibution on issue 27 is beyond my recollection, but there is nothing "limited" about its availability today (thumbs u

also keep in mind that most early 1950's superhero books are scarce , but my guess is there were as many 27's released/produced, as the surrounding issues ...maybe the ending of the korean war afffected distribution (shrug)

Gator, thanks for the analysis. BTW, I should have checked the OPG, as it states low distribution, not limited distribution. doh!

At any rate a check on Ebay shows 4 copies of #27 for sale right now versus 1 for issue #26. When you say the marketplace, do you mean Ebay plus the major

on-line sites, like Four Color Comics, Mile High, Pedigree Comics, Metroplis and the like?

Gator,

Gator, thanks for the analysis. BTW, I should have checked the OPG, as it states low distribution, not limited distribution. doh!

At any rate a check on Ebay shows 4 copies of #27 for sale right now versus 1 for issue #26. When you say the marketplace, do you mean Ebay plus the major

on-line sites, like Four Color Comics, Mile High, Pedigree Comics, Metroplis and the like?

correct...the marketplace encompasses all the above and more...what you have listed is the "tip of the iceberg", but there are probably hundreds of dealers that don't have online presences (like us), but that carry that inventory...

again, I wouldn't put any faith in the "low" aspect...there are more copies (supply) than demand (thumbs u

Hi Rick,

Just got my Cap 46 graded by CGC, what the FMV of 4.5 ow/w pages? Beautiful, glossy copy but the cover is fully detached at the staple.

Thanks, Vern

Edited by podboy66

Hi Rick,

Just got my Cap 46 graded by CGC, what the FMV of 4.5 ow/w pages? Beautiful, glossy copy but the cover is fully detached at the staple.

Thanks, Vern

in the 5.0 and under range, I like it at 1K a point...or 4500 at a 4.5...

I like 5.5-6.0 at 1.15 K a point

I like 6.5 to 7.5 at 1.25 a point

and 8.0 and above at about 1.5