• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

football is an american sport, founded and invented in the usa...

association football (or commonly known as soccer) originated in england in the mid 1800's

finally, rugby football, originated in Rugby UK around the mid 1750's, but is rarely refered to as "football" but more commonly "rugby"

Dear Gator,

I'm confused (only on this subject; ...yes, that's a preemptive caveat to the obvious retort).

Is football...

this...

Ladainian_Tomlinson-3.jpg

this...

607070106171509.jpg

or this (the original sport)...

Rugby.jpg

There seems to be no consensus. (shrug)

I await your sage response! :popcorn:

(worship) Thank you, oh venerable Gator, you didn't fumble the ball. :applause:

So, given the established history, why isn't football called American Rugby, since rugby football is the sport that the American version of football most closely resembles and from whence it originated? hm

:popcorn::popcorn:

I would attribute it to arrogance (thumbs u

^^

Hello Gator!

I was wondering what FMV would be on each of the MEGO Fantastic Four French release figures in decent condition. Thank you!

the 79 french versions are pretty common...in decent shape (c8ish), maybe $75-100 each...in c9+ carded shape, maybe upto 150+

Hello Gator!

I was wondering what FMV would be on each of the MEGO Fantastic Four French release figures in decent condition. Thank you!

the 79 french versions are pretty common...in decent shape (c8ish), maybe $75-100 each...in c9+ carded shape, maybe upto 150+

Thanks!

Dear Gator:

Is your wife coming to the NYCC? I found a vanilla coke zero source.

unfortunately I am leaving her here to man (or woman) the store while I am gone...2 of the kids just had too much going on to miss, so if we can't all go, then none go (except me of course)... that said, don't forget I LOVE reg coke zero :baiting:

Dear Gator:

Is your wife coming to the NYCC? I found a vanilla coke zero source.

unfortunately I am leaving her here to man (or woman) the store while I am gone...2 of the kids just had too much going on to miss, so if we can't all go, then none go (except me of course)... that said, don't forget I LOVE reg coke zero :baiting:
You got it! (thumbs u Oh, and don't forget my six pack of sprite. :baiting:

Dear Gator,

What would you consider to be (roughly) the FMV for all Pre-Robin Tecs (#27-37) in CGC Universal 2.0 condition? hm

First, you have to find them in that condition lol and even then not all 2.0s are created equally. But for point of illustration "if" you found avg cond copies in gd:

28...10-12k

33...7-8k

34...sub 1k

Dear Gator,

hm I bought this here comic from Mr. Bedrock at NYCC last weekend after he looked at me with dreamy eyes and smiled. (shrug)

img_PersonalLove32_159.jpg

He did talk about nice artwork between the covers. :o

Should I be concerned? :eek:

It's a shoddy effort by an obscure back water artist I doubt GAtor has ever heard of.

untamed_love_lion_attack_frank_frazetta_romance_comics_scans71245292391.jpg

Edited by alanna

Dear Gator,

hm I bought this here comic from Mr. Bedrock at NYCC last weekend after he looked at me with dreamy eyes and smiled. (shrug)

img_PersonalLove32_159.jpg

He did talk about nice artwork between the covers. :o

Should I be concerned? :eek:

Flattered I say :blush:

Dear Gator...

Hows about some more pictures of your store, wall books in your store, Coke "0" cans or what have you.... Love the last pictures you posted on the forum... hows about some more ... :wishluck:

That would be so dreamy ... :)