• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

Detective #187-17 copies graded.

Detective #193-only 5 copies graded.

joker (many covers) vs two face (few covers)... but, as mentioned, all those 1950's dc's are scarce (thumbs u

#193 is much tougher than other Joker covers. #180, for example, has 20 graded copies.

much tougher to find a graded or nicer copy, but not much tougher...I had 5 or 6 raw 193's not too too long ago...(just a book I keyed in on at the time)

That $1 book I had to pay $2 for from you at MegaCon came back a 9.8.
cool...why is your name in pink (shrug)

I don't know. I guess Arch is flirting with me.

shoot, after the full body oil massage I gave him last week, I thought for sure I would have gotten at least some flowers :cry:

He's protesting bullying.

lol

shoot, after the full body oil massage I gave him last week, I thought for sure I would have gotten at least some flowers :cry:

Try changing your screen name to GAYtor.

Try changing your screen name to GAYtor.

only parker gets to call me that :cloud9:

Gator:

I have an Action Comics 93 for sale and a buyer. I've scanned the book in the grading forum and most collectors are claiming it's a 4.5/5.0 book. However, the scan does not show the following:

1. Four interior major rips (as opposed to simply torn) pages

2) Extremely dark or heaving tanning on both the inside front cover and inside back covers.

3) How much would CGC knock down with these defects and flaws?

Thanks for your time.

SLR

What?

There's an ask GAtor thread?

How can I have missed 186 pages of solicited collective wisdom? :makepoint:

Well, by all means... at long last, my question answered...

My 3 year old is prone to temper tantrums when she doesn't get EXACTLY what she wants (so am I, but that's another topic). :ohnoez:

Wanting to prove to my wife (tsk) that all that time and money spent on comic books is not a waste...

... here's where I need your help: What's the best comic book to read a 3 year old to soothe her with her temper tantrum?

I cracked m AF 15 9.0 from its case to try that one, but she seemed more burdened by the idea that with great power comes great responsibility, and ripped it to shreds!! Ah, well, couldn't have been worth that much anyway, right? (shrug)

Thanks in advance for answering once and for all this age old question that I'm sure most collector parents have been wondering!

Carl

P.S. I realize that you often need a photo to be able to make a proper assessment, so I've included a photo of her so you can make a definitive conclusion.

P.P.S My daughter has just asked that you answer her question as well, and I apologize in advance for it's graphic nature: "Where does a poopy diaper go when it's sleeping?" Very zen, no?

DSC_5859-1.jpg

Edited by Dr Carl

I have six kids and we just throw them in the garbage can. :makepoint:

How long does it take them to stop crying in there?

My guess would be till they run out of oxygen :o

Fortunately they are pretty good kids. Although family meetings are more like a congressional committee meeting than a fireside chat. Six more months and I will be done with diapers. I've been changing diapers since 1998 and I think I've seen everything that can happen or be done with a poppy diaper.

Fortunately they are pretty good kids. Although family meetings are more like a congressional committee meeting than a fireside chat. Six more months and I will be done with diapers. I've been changing diapers since 1998 and I think I've seen everything that can happen or be done with a poppy diaper.

This thread is nothing without pics. :popcorn: