• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,544 posts in this topic

I have six kids and we just throw them in the garbage can. :makepoint:

How long does it take them to stop crying in there?

My guess would be till they run out of oxygen :o

Fortunately they are pretty good kids. Although family meetings are more like a congressional committee meeting than a fireside chat. Six more months and I will be done with diapers. I've been changing diapers since 1998 and I think I've seen everything that can happen or be done with a poppy diaper.

This thread is nothing without pics. :popcorn:

In an attempt to be helpful, I googled poopy diapers and clicked on the image link - now wishing I hadn't!

But I did find this, titled "poopy diaper icecream"

poopy-diaper-ice-cream.jpg

In true ask GAtor fashion, GAtor, is this a real flavor, and if so, have you tried it!?

And on a less, er, tasteless note,

GAtor, how many more great undiscovered collections (e.g. Billy Wright-ish) are there out there, waiting to be unearthed? 10? 100? 1000?

In lieu of our esteemed Gator's proclamation allow me to consult my crystal ball and issue an opinion about the number of collections waiting to be unearthed in the universe.

Wait a minute, ...almost got it. hm ... :idea:

Ah yes, ...the answer is 42. :banana:

I have six kids and we just throw them in the garbage can. :makepoint:

How long does it take them to stop crying in there?

My guess would be till they run out of oxygen :o

Fortunately they are pretty good kids. Although family meetings are more like a congressional committee meeting than a fireside chat. Six more months and I will be done with diapers. I've been changing diapers since 1998 and I think I've seen everything that can happen or be done with a poppy diaper.

This thread is nothing without pics. :popcorn:

In an attempt to be helpful, I googled poopy diapers and clicked on the image link - now wishing I hadn't!

But I did find this, titled "poopy diaper icecream"

poopy-diaper-ice-cream.jpg

In true ask GAtor fashion, GAtor, is this a real flavor, and if so, have you tried it!?

all I can say is thank God I am allergic to chocolate ... whew!

GAtor, how many more great undiscovered collections (e.g. Billy Wright-ish) are there out there, waiting to be unearthed? 10? 100? 1000?

my guess is 10 is low, 1000 is high....

I personally know of many collectors sitting on incredible collections, that have never seen the public light of day (non cgc'd, etc)....and if I know of many, I am sure many know of many that I wouldn't...so, they are out there in some number, and we will continue to see them materialize...at what rate, that is the truly unanswerable question (thumbs u

In lieu of our esteemed Gator's proclamation allow me to consult my crystal ball and issue an opinion about the number of collections waiting to be unearthed in the universe.

Wait a minute, ...almost got it. hm ... :idea:

Ah yes, ...the answer is 42. :banana:

:juggle:

Gator, will the world end in 2012 -- and if it does -- what should I do to prepare my collection for the end-days?

Thank you.

no, so I'll skip part b lol

my guess is 10 is low, 1000 is high....

I personally know of many collectors sitting on incredible collections, that have never seen the public light of day (non cgc'd, etc)....and if I know of many, I am sure many know of many that I wouldn't...so, they are out there in some number, and we will continue to see them materialize...at what rate, that is the truly unanswerable question (thumbs u

The age of the collector might be a factor. The original owners are beginning to die off, but maybe it will be when the generation after begind to go...say, a generation from now, there will be a fresh explosion! Wild guesswork of course - you'd know best what the average collector age might be!

GAtor (you see, I discovered this thread and now can't help myself!),

Why is the restored market so much weaker than the unrestored - let me elaborate - take, say, Tec 27 - the 9.2 ® on HA will sell for, say, $120K - that's the same price as a 2.0 - but the 9.2 probably started out as a, let's say, 6.0 - no way it started as a 2.0 - so why not at least get 5.0 universal dollars for it?

Market bias against restored?

Thanks,

Carl

P.S. Oh, and does that mean one day the restored market for GA books (like Tec 27) has more room to grow than the universal market?

Edited by Dr Carl

It is all illogical when it comes to restored books. Bottom line is likely supply/demand. Part of the demand issue lies with folks that don't think about the books logically (as u state the likely before condition not being considered like it used to) and some folks just don't like their funny books monkeyed with. But I agree the restored market has incredible room to grow price/value wise!

It is all illogical when it comes to restored books. Bottom line is likely supply/demand. Part of the demand issue lies with folks that don't think about the books logically (as u state the likely before condition not being considered like it used to) and some folks just don't like their funny books monkeyed with. But I agree the restored market has incredible room to grow price/value wise!

+1 (worship)

Not that bad. We played above our potential entire tournament and were going to lose at some point

That said we are just a power forward away (assuming beal comes back next year) from a natty :headbang:

Not that bad. We played above our potential entire tournament and were going to lose at some point

That said we are just a power forward away (assuming beal comes back next year) from a natty :headbang:

:applause:

Fork the Hatas

GO GATORS!

lol

The Gators played well. The slugging lads from Louisville are overacheiving and playing better than their number 4 seed would indicate. Had the Gator's squeeked by them, they would be square up against the Wildcats. :o